A near-perfect breakdown of Davis ...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Apr 28, 2017.

1. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I think he has as good a chance as any 3rd round talent has. Raw talent and athleticism are there so it's not like he doesn't have anything to work with. He's a decent enough developmental prospect.
  3. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

Thought for a second, Davis won't be able to have his college number, someone else has it. Day later, they cut the guy with his number.
  4. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

And so far ... playing like complete shit.

Displaying all of the negatives in his game he had coming out.

Pretty shitty draft overall for linebackers. Never would have taken one in the first round not named Foster. Really bad move.

PFF Linebacker grades:
    #4 Reuben Foster, overall: 90.2
    #80 Jarrad Davis, overall: 36.7
  5. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He does some good things playing downhill and has great athleticism that gets him sideline to sideline, but he’s struggled in coverage.
  6. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You could say the same things about Paul Worrilow. And about 100 other guys.
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Your smear campaign against Davis is comical, man. He's played like a rookie and flashed some big potential. That is about what you can expect from a mid-first round LB draft pick.
  8. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Smear campaign. LOL. Last I checked Jim Caldwell doesn't lurk at the Redzone nor does he care what a random jackass fan thinks of his MLB.

It's an "I told you so" campaign. :eek:

And what we've seen out of him is not what you'd expect out of a mid-first rounder. More like what you'd expect out of a developmental 3rd-rounder. Teddy Lehman showed more his rookie season, and Jordan Dizon only slightly less.