Armonty Bryant...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Oct 1, 2017.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

In this most recent suspension, the NFL said Bryant will be eligible to return to the Lions' active roster on Monday, Oct. 2, and is eligible to participate in all of the team's preseason practices and games.

It's my understanding that he will play vs Carolina.
  2. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Can't hurt it looked like George Johnson got snaps this week, then you are signing guys and they are getting snaps immediately you know there is a need.
  3. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Cut Bryant. Can't trust him not to get suspended again.
  4. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

This isn't even a story an more. We're talking about the guy at the very end of the bench.

Who even cares?

I think I even like our rookies and Practice Squad guys better anyway.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Just like we should have cut Whitehead?
  6. TheDane Well-Known Member

And how Blount will be irrelevant by midseason, because he is right now and he had to back up the date?
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Let's see him against a real NFL defense.
  8. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

The thing I don't get about Bryant is that he's now been suspended 3 years in a row (4 games, 3 games, 4 games). Why haven't the number of games escalated?
  9. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Yeah and 2 were substance violations, while Khyri Thornton got 6 games.
  10. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I think they have till Monday to activate him so I doubt he gets cut until after Sunday's game, depending on DL health.
  11. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

If they were going to cut him, they’d have done it already.
  12. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

They will get right on cutting Bryant as soon as they cut their starting LB Whitehead... We love ya MB.
  13. goldenlions International Playboy

Lions cut Bryant rather than bring him back after last drug related suspension.
  14. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Weird. Why not just cut him in August?
  15. Felix True Fan

I saw earlier in an article that they got him after Cle cut him after he came back from suspension....so maybe theres a rule about when you can cut a suspended player?
  16. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Good call MB. Whitehead is next. He will be replaced by next year at the latest.
  17. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

No, you can cut them before you put them on the suspended list at 53 man cuts.

I read that they probably waited to see if someone got hurt Sunday, but if he wasn’t good enough to overlook the suspension now, I guess I don’t see the difference if Zettel had pulled a hamstring. Either the suspension is an issue or it isn’t.
  18. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

If he is it will be be because his contract is up and they decide not to pay, not performance as MB loves to say.
  19. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Lions are signing Datone Jones. Was a first rounder a few years ago with Packers. Would imagine they’ll use him at DT on passing downs.
  20. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

He is decent against the run, but not capable at all in pass coverage and that is performance. He won't last much longer.
  21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He’s been outstanding against the run this season and decent against the pass.
  22. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

We need a better LB on the weakside. I was hoping Reeves-Maybin would come in and displace Whitehead. But Reeves-Maybin is not strong enough to play in the NFL yet. Hopefully a year in an NFL weight room will correct that.

As far as Whitehead, I am not on the wagon. The man is horrible in pass coverage.