Asiata a Lion

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Felix, May 27, 2017.

1. Felix True Fan

World Series here we come!
    K-Dawg likes this.
  2. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Christ... All of a sudden Zenner seems like a real stud of a RB.
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Stevan Ridley wasn't available I take it?
  4. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I think washington would go before Zenner.Zenner was productive when given a chance. That said, I don't like the signing of Asiata. I don't see him as an upgrade over Bell, and Bell is done. Horrible move IMO. I hope I'm wrong. Wife says I usually am.
  5. lionsmack Right down the middle

We'll see if he even makes the team. But if they think after camp that he's worthy of the goal-line back role and special teams, then OK, that's fine. Maybe he can score a few TDs. It's no impact on the main RB rotation, that's for sure.
  6. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

The woman is always right. LOL!

I agree with what you said about Asiata - Not a big Matt Asiata fan either. I'd give Washington another look! Then again I don't get paid the big bucks to know who can run the ball and who can't lol
  7. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

What about Winn? how can you just abandon him like that...
  8. lionsmack Right down the middle

simple, he's not an NFL player.
    ...also, he's not on the team since last October
  9. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

We have a running joke with def as he had previously championed him as an option at RB.
  10. lionsmack Right down the middle

11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if Asiata makes the final 53.
  12. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Question. Is any of Asiasta contract guaranteed? I'd prefer to lean towards Green the unsigned rookie if he shows promise. And worst case resign Bell, he was decent as a blocking back and really good on screens
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Bell is FINISHED.
  14. TheDane Well-Known Member

The quiet desperation of a team that failed to address a major need....
  15. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Considering the absolute shit for an offensive line he was forced to run behind, the production he managed was nothing short of monumental.
  16. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Burton waived to make room for Asiata. So if you couldn't already tell by usage last year, there is no Fullback in this offense.
  17. TheDane Well-Known Member

So Burton will be the latest FB we let go to make all pro? Why didn't we trade him before the draft?
    Huntermsu likes this.
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah as soon as I saw that I thought there goes the next Jerome Felton.
  19. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

So cute how all the idiots wish we could switch to a smashmouth offense. :D
  20. goldenlions International Playboy

Asiata is garbage, I watch a lot of Vikings games and I doubt he supplants any RB on our roster.
  21. TheDane Well-Known Member

That's no epiphany for most of us. It is, however, an actual sign that Quinn gets that he has a problem. Too bad he doesn't get how all this works.
  22. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Don't think so.

Signing or drafting a RB who actually has a shot at making the team would be a sign that he sees a problem.
  23. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Because even a very good FB like Burton probably has no trade value. How many teams utilize a FB regularly?
  24. TheDane Well-Known Member

Then why not simply cut him before we got this far? It would have given him a better chance to catch on somewhere else and if it cost us nothing to do it why would "The Mighty Quinn" not do it? When FA's look at your team as a possible landing spot they absolutely look at how they treat their players. The Mighty Quinn is striking out lately, just ask Calvin.
  25. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He still has plenty of time to catch on with a team.

And I doubt Michael Burton will be weighing on FA's minds when they are considering the Lions. FA's think about money, money, then money, then there's team situation, location and things like that.