BENCH Stafford!

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Blaming Barry, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Sorry for the "clickbait" title...

No, I'm not really saying to bench Stafford for performance reasons, but if he really is hurt to the point where he can't move around (and admittedly I do have my doubts on how hurt he really is), I say sit him the week before the bye and give him a full 3 weeks to heal. Given the issues and injuries up front as well, it's not worth risking aggravating it or slowing down the healing process. Remember what happened last year when he played through an injury? If nothing else, it would at least give us a chance to see what we have in Rudock.
  2. goldenlions International Playboy

He's been full practice all week, so I say no. Stafford plays if he is able. Don't care to see Rudock ever.
  3. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Staff goes down season is over. He's one tough son of a gun, he's playing.
  4. goldenlions International Playboy

He needs to be benched, he is single handedly killing this team today.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

They should have done what I said. Stafford was a complete nightmare today. Not sure what the deal was with all those tipped passes at the line but I've never seen anything like it. I have to assume it was a result of the injuries and he couldn't get the ball over the line of scrimmage. I noticed several occasions where he did the lazy side-arm thing like he used to do on the regular. And that fumble in the end zone was beyond ridiculous how long he held on to that ball.
  6. 26point2 Member

Or it could be defenses are getting a clue to the side arm throws. Surprised it took this long.
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I thought he'd got away from that over the last year or so.
  8. Felix True Fan

I thought he did it to try and avoid being batted down again
  9. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

If that's the case, it didn't work.
  10. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Ball was getting batted down from every arm slot there is.
  11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

You have to think it had something to do with the injury. Maybe lining up shotgun and not dropping back or something. He really had no business playing in that game.
  12. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Probably part of it. OL has some blame, though they were as beat up as he is. WR’s have blame for making him hold ball. Cooter has blame because they seemed to have some of the calls sniffed out. Stafford also has had a tendency lately to lock in and stare down where he’s going. Makes it a lot easier on DL to get a hand on it.
  13. TechLion Super Genius

Isn't a 135 million dollar man supposed to win games NOT lose them. I can't even say in words how FUCKED the Lions are for many years to come. Martha turned out to be as stupid as her husband and son!

14. And this is why Bob Quinn is a NFL GM, and you're not...