Breaking it Down

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Feb 7, 2018.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

This is from the press conference, Patricia.."I believe that I am a leader. I believe that I am a problem solver. I want to represent the toughness of this city. We will be organized. We will be detailed. We will teach and develop our players and our coaches. We will be passionate. We will love and respect the game and we will be committed to winning. We will be competitive in all that we do. We will have a smart, tough, fundamentally sound football team that will play, perform and can execute under pressure. We will be hard working. We will be competitive in all aspects of our planning, preparation and our performance. We will have a high-character culture. In our organization, our players will be positive role models and contributing members of the community. We will have a blue collar mentality. We will work hard as a team to make this city proud."

Great words, "organized", "detailed", "passionate". That pretty much sums up what Caldwell was not. Schwartz inherited a lousy team with a lousy attitude and players who were mailing it in. He goes out and gets KVB to change the culture and he really did a lot to change the culture here. Too bad that the passion that he brought was that of a horses ass. But, he left the team better than he found it. Caldwell had the respect of the players, and he was OK, but you can't gloss over that "organized, detailed and passionate" are words that you would never use to describe Caldwell. Enter Patricia.

I gotta tell ya, this guy isn't inheriting a shit show by any means. This team has a great core of players and while we can pick apart what's wrong, there's plenty of conversation about what's right. Patricia is the beneficiary of the guys who came before him, not the victim. While much of what he said was simple slogans, this was not, " We will be detailed. We will teach and develop our players and our coaches." Players AND coaches. Maybe a rocket scientist is just what we need.

2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

It's a press conference.

What's he supposed to say?

This is a really great city, great ownership, and this is a team that's really on the upswing. I really can't wait to dash everyone's hopes and run this organization in to the ground.

I have zero fucks to give about how "detailed" and "organized" he or the team is. And negative fucks to give if he is going to bring some great attitude. Fucking Rod Marinelli used to sit there and blow sunshine up everyone's asses about "pounding the rock."

Yea yea, all fine and good cupcake. We get it. Just get the defense tightened up, pray to God your O-line coach can work miracles, and don't fuck things up. Win games.
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem...
  4. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yea, my problem is I've been following this team for close to 40 years and I've seen this movie before.
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

Ah, transference...
  6. goldenlions International Playboy

Win games. Classic...
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I'm just "representing the toughness of the city."

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!
  8. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Engineers are the BOMB! From the immortal words of Bum Philips when talking about the young Don Shula. "He can take his and beat yours and then turn around and take yours and beat his" That is the definition of a good coach.