Brian Westbrook Released

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by K-Dawg, Feb 23, 2010.

1. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Eagles | Westbrook released
    Comment (0)
    Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:55:12 -0800

NFL.com reports the Philadelphia Eagles have released RB Brian Westbrook, according to the NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

Thoughts? Should the Lions go after him?
  2. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Obviously worth a look, but his health is a big question mark.
  3. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

even if he hops on one leg he's better than anything we have at RB. Sign him NOW!

MB
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He has to actually want to play. He's talked about retiring due to the concussions.
  5. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

He needs to retire because of so many concussions. Get out and hope you live a normal life mentally.
  6. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Draft a RB
  7. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Good point...

and my thoughts too.

Don't see too many guys in FA as a RB I would go after.
  8. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

Won't come here, even if he wants to keep playing. He's been close to tasting a championship. If he goes anywhere, it will be a team that stands a chance at going the distance.

Oh yeah.....and lets just draft all RB's this year. Then, maybe, we'll land one that will actually stand to last for a while......or we'll have six or seven of them on reserve for when our pathetic O-line causes them to take more of a beating than RB's naturally do.
  9. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

oh my god! You're matt millen!

Mb
  10. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

Haha....Naa. At least that muthafukker got the satisfaction of a pay day from the Lions. I'm still waiting for a competitive season.
  11. topwater Member

I'd rather see them go after Chester Taylor.
  12. goldenlions International Playboy

13. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

Thomas Jones will be available soon.
  14. Canadian Fan Active Member

Jones would be a nice fit
  15. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

All I know is, if they intend on wasting money on a RB in free agency.....they better give some solid attention to the O-line or it will be all for not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This O-line couldn't hold a candle to the O-line Barry had to run with.....and even he couldn't carry a 4.5 yard average with this group.

I'd be fine with adding either of the guys you guys are mentioning. The problem is......despite the fact that they're all solid RB's, they won't do anything more than the guys we have now if the O-line remains the same.

Bank on that shit!!!
  16. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Heard Willie Parker may be allowed to test the open market
  17. Felix True Fan

18. Vic Turner Just Sayin