Bryce Love

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

If you guys are interested in seeing one of the better RBs in this draft. The Stanford Cardinal (#13 rank) with Bryce Love are playing against TCU (15 rank) in the Alamo Bowl at 9 PM eastern on ESPN.
  2. TheDane Well-Known Member

TCU has to score a lot to win because their D sucks. They are screwed tonight.
  3. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Love had 26 carries for 145 yards and 2 TDs. He somehow cut his hand and it was bleeding badly with about 5 minutes left in the game and never returned. Stanford needed him because they didn't move the ball after he left. I expected him to do a little better, but TCU keyed on him heavily all night.

I also observed that Harrison Phillips was double and triple teamed on almost every play. Whenever he had one on one, he normally made the tackle. Did you know that Phillips was a 3 time Nebraska State Heavyweight Wrestling Champion? I don't know if you have ever been to Nebraska, but there are a lot of gigantic corn-fed North Sea Germans in that state. LOL
  4. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Love looks legit to me, that makes 3 rbs I like in this draft.
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Love (Junior Underclassman) may stay in school for 2018 and not declare for the NFL draft. He wants to graduate from Stanford in pursuit of his lifelong dream to be a doctor. Bummer!
  6. bogartin Active Member

I believe the dig on Love is that he can't pass block, which takes him off the field on 3rd down. I've heard it said more than a few times.
  7. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I don't know Bogartin, most RBs have a hole, his may be pass blocking. However, with him on the field averaging 8.1 yards/carry, you don't get many 3rd downs.

P.S. This year Love had 14 runs of 40+ yards, 12 of those were 50+, 6 of those were 60+, and 1 of those is 70+. IOW when he gets into the open field he is GONE. He broke all of McCaffrey's records