Calvin Johnson Hates the Lions (Poll)

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by goldenlions, May 22, 2017.

?

Who's right in the CJ is mad at the Lions fiasco?

Calvin 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Lions 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Both 2 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. goldenlions International Playboy

Calvin Johnson seems to be hurt that the Lions dare ask for 10% of his signing bonus of the year he didn't play back after he retired. The Lions paid him around $150 million for his time in Detroit. Is this a case of butt-hurt by Mega or the Lions organization being a dick of an organization. Or are both just plain dumb?
  2. goldenlions International Playboy

I probably should have added a neither to the poll.
  3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I say fukk him. He didn't play out his contract. It's a business. Get over yourself.
  4. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

It's business he didn't offer the Lions a loyalty discount on his contract when he signed it.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

He also didn't win them a playoff game.
  6. TheDane Active Member

He also could have stayed and forced them to cut him and taken a boat load more.
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

It's a business, and the Lions made you filthy rich well beyond what a receiver is worth.

Quit whining.
  8. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Just sayin, Romo wasn't asked to give back any of his signing bonus.
  9. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

That's a little different though because he was essentially forced out. And was gracious all year while he watched his job being taken by a rookie. I feel like that Cowboys owed him more than the Lions owed Calvin.
  10. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

After reading up on it some more, it sounds like his body took more of a beating than we were probably aware, so this isn't a situation where he could have easily played more but just didn't want to.

The Lions were petty to ask for the repayment, and Calvin is being kinda' petty to complain about it publiclly.

This isn't really newsworthy.
    Sanders97 likes this.