Dear Mr. Goodell and The Head Job of Refs...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by def, Dec 31, 2017.

1. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Dear Mr. Goodell -

The REFs cost us yet again.

Sincerely,
    A Lions Fan
  2. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

3. If Tate scores that TD we are planning for the playoffs next week... Very painful :(
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Alberto Riveron (Head of Officiating) is the man that screwed the Lions. I hope the NFL fires his ass. He overturned quite a few on-field decisions this year with little to no film evidence for support. His interpretation of catch possession while going to ground was incorrect. IOW he don't know the rules for shit and he is the head of officiating. No wonder officiating is Fucked up!
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

How many times yesterday did they fuck up the call. We got a penalty on #20. Really, #20? And we had another one on a number that didn't exist. And the official used the signal for illegal block in the back when he was making a call for holding. It was clear that they were struggling as a unit out there yesterday. We need full time officials and they need to have a degree in officiating.
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Not really huge deal, but that call on Diggs was shit. Sucks that he’ll lose money for that, too. Not a guy with a huge contract.

And the call late in the game on Agnew that was exactly the same play as the one in the end zone on Ebron.

Consistently inconsistent.
  7. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Yup, hopefully the declining ratings might make them consider changes, though with Goodell in there I have my doubts.
  8. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

At this point the bias is as obvious as the sheer seismic jolt to the nerves that all Lions fans feel when they hear "the following play will be under review." At this point, it's been a good decade of bad calls every year against the Lions that at least costs them ONE game. AT LEAST ONE GAME. Many times it's a TWO game spread against the ref's every year! I have never seen anything like this before in all of sports! I have never seen a team so blatantly dogged by the refs. I'm not sure if they receive word to spin games away from the Lions or if Ref's just hate the Lions in general. Whatever the case, there are TOO MANY instance to chalk it up to bad luck or coincidence. This is beyond reproach.

It's more than unfair. It's like the NFL does not want The Lions in the playoffs because the country doesn't want to see them there. I wonder if the ratings (or lack thereof) of their games plays into this.

This is ANOTHER reason why we need a MARQUE RB! Someone to add attraction to this circus. We need a Heisman RB or an elite RB to get some love.