Decker has shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by badnews3123, Jun 6, 2017.

1. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Hurt in practice last week. Caldwell was vague as always, but some quotes make it sound serious.
  2. goldenlions International Playboy

Shitty....just when you think things are starting to coming together. Hopefully, he can make it back sometime this season.
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

During a non-contact drill? Seriously?
  4. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Ugh...the Lions season has officially begun...

Shoulder injury usually not a good thing for an O-lineman. I expect he'll be on PUP and miss at least the first 6 weeks.
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

Maybe he injured himself outside of football. He is from Ohio, those guys aren't usually that smart.
  6. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Heard he high fives Ashawn Robinson and tore his shoulder up.
  7. TheDane Well-Known Member

Cyrus is on the way....
  8. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Miley or Billy Ray?

Hey, maybe we can get that d-line coach again ... the naked Wendy's Drive-through guy. They can get together late at night and run around in their skibbies.
  9. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

SHOOT MEEE! LOL. That's what anyone drafted by the lions use to say.
  10. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Used to?
  11. TheDane Well-Known Member

They weren't serious about Cyrus but did sign Tony Hills...
  12. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Doesn't necessarily mean they won't sign Cyrus or one of the other vet options. I just think it means they aren't thrilled with Storm Norton as their last resort seeing how Robinson is also injured.
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Didn't Dahl play LT in college?
  14. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Yes. Birkett mentioned that Dahl had first team reps the other day at LT and Caldwell mentioned him as an option the other day. Still think he's best at G, but might be able to fill in until Decker is back.
  15. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Lions LT Taylor Decker will miss 4-6 months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum. Might as well keep him out the whole season, rushing him back might make things worse. I really think we are cursed.
  16. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah whenever they say a player will be out x-y it's always the y.
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Could be a hell of a lot worse. The fact that it happened before training camp even starts means we have time to implement a backup plan. If Dahl is that backup plan, then I'm not so sure we're screwed. In college, he wasn't just a good pass blocker, he was elite. Only question was how he might transition to a pro style offense. If our staff thinks he's ready ....

Outside of that, with Levy off the books, we have about 10 mill to play with and a full training camp and preseason to get his replacement up to speed. Big upgrade on the right side with Wagner.

Not thrilled, but it could be a lot worse.
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Sure, it could be worse but I would argue that Decker is the third most important player on the team after Stafford and Slay.

Does anyone know how the injury happened?
  19. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I would put a healthy Ansah up there also, but the point is well taken.
  20. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I would honestly put Swanson and Abdullah somewhere in the top 5.

At least on the offensive side of the ball.

And I'm liking where we stand if we get both of them back. I'm thinking that coupled with improved run blocking from Tight End position equals "we made up for the loss."
  21. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

In the NFL you need to do more than "make up for the loss." You need to actually get better.
  22. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Unless the the thing you're getting better at IS making up for losses.

In this league, it might be the most desirable thing for a team to be better at.