Do they still draft a WR?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Schuxu, May 9, 2014.

?

Will they draft a WR

Poll closed May 10, 2014.
Yes High (2nd/3rd/4th round) 12 vote(s) 85.7%
Yes Low (5th+ round) 2 vote(s) 14.3%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Schuxu Well-Known Member

After the Ebron pick, do you (honestly) think that they will still draft a receiver?
  2. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

all offense this draft. another TE, 3 WR and RB then all defense next year
  3. Roaring20 Member

According to the plan of making players make plays and not demanding the QB gets better yes. Another WR.
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Lets go for it. This is a rebuild.
  5. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

This team is probably about 2 years away from competing again. If the resources aren't there to fix CB, then you might as well go all-in on receiver and get that at least taken care of.
  6. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

What do you mean "taken care of" they already have two TEs and two WRs who need to get starters snaps, there isn't enough snaps to justify selecting a 2nd round WR.
  7. calitoker90 Member

If Marqis Lee is still on the board in the 2nd round you take him. The only thing that scares the crud out me is that Matt Millen has been on NFL Network advocating for him to be picked every pick since the Saints.
  8. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

For this reason, alone, I say they do draft another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.

It just makes too little sense for them to pass up the opportunity to further neglect the defensive secondary.
  9. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I like Donte Moncrief better then Lee, Matt Millen having a hard on for a slow USC WR should be no shock...
  10. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Well what if someone gets injured, you cant expect Stafford to pass to a backup quality player he has a hard enough time passing to pro bowlers and first tier free agents.
  11. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

4th round is high, but 5th is low?

And no, I don't think they take a WR in next 2 rounds and probably not till maybe later in day 3 if someone falls to them.
  12. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I don't know about you, but outside of Calvin and Tate, I see a totally empty cupboard when it comes to WR. And by empty, I mean like barely practice squad material.
  13. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Ebron will take more snaps in slot than TE, so might as well group him with WR's.
  14. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I think over estimate other teams depth, probably 1/3 to 1/2 of NFL have borderline practice squad players at 3 and 4, besides Ebron should be considered the Lions 3rd WR for all intents and purposes.
  15. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Good point about Ebron being more of a receiver. But the rest of your argument .... I think you under-estimate just how bad these guys are. The way I see it, our reservers are about as good as the practice squad players on most other teams. So by the time another team has to dip in to the level of talent we count on as our backups ... they would have to lose almost all of their first-stringers and second-stringers (before a guy like Kris Durham even sees the light of day).
  16. tepod2001 Active Member

Wouldn't think they would take a wr but if it was the wr out of Indiana I would not jump off a cliff
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I like him, too. He's scrappy.
  18. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He may not even make it to their next pick.
  19. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Who Cody Latimer, he would not make me cry. I also like Allen Robinson, the man is a beast.
  20. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Guys I like are Jordan Matthews and Jared Abbrederis.
  21. Felix True Fan

So now everyone wants a wr? Wtf is going on?
  22. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

They're all in on the offense man. 50 points per game or bust.
  23. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

We've given up. Might as well just go with it now.
  24. calitoker90 Member

It is going to end up being a DT and it is going to piss me off. :)
  25. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

It works on madden...