Ebron Long Term Deal looming?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by goldenlions, May 16, 2017.

1. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Lets see, Abdullah averages 4.3 yards/carry and the rest of our RBs average nearly 0.5 yards/carry less behind the same shitty OL. You don't call that data driven. I present data that support poor running in the open field and you don't call that data driven. For crying out loud!

YOOHOO RUSTY, can you follow the logic flow of conversation at all? Both points indicate that the bitch is supported by data. Why do you bring up emotion all the time? Are you on your period again? Rusty should never post when she is on her period. It is exactly like, friends don't let friends drive drunk. Someone should take your keyboard.
  2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Your data supports lack of yardage gained in the open field. Duh. This isn't a new revelation. We already know the backs aren't gaining yards. Is that due to bad blocking or lack of running back skill? Show me the data that says it's due to poor running back play and not bad blocking if you want to get my attention.

I leave emotion out of it because emotion introduces bias, leading to irrational assumptions. And I don't know how you have the energy to make the kinds of irrational assumptions you paint yourself in to corners with. :eek: At times it's cringe-worthy to watch.
  3. TheDane Active Member

This is why I don't reply to anything he has to say. He changes his argument on the fly and often goes full circle. I was told that you can't use AA's 2 games last season as any proof that NFL RB's could run behind our OL, yet he uses that same 2 game sample to try and make a point. His logic is a constant moving target and he is wrong too often to take seriously. Do yourself a favor, let it go...
  4. goldenlions International Playboy

Can we just start one thread called "Bitching about the Running Game"?
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Hey bonehead, Abdullah had the same blocking! So it is RB skill! Do I have to draw pictures and grunt so you can understand?
  6. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Oh the bitching has not even started yet. If Abdullah goes down again this season and we have no running game, that is when the real bitching will start.
  7. TheDane Active Member

Yep, I knew we were screwed before last season even started and we consciously chose to do exactly the same thing this year.
  8. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You're not making an actual point here. Abdullah is an elite player. A back with his skill set should have a 5.0 career average. And when he goes down, the next guy up should be at around 4.3 to 4.5. Still very competitive. The fact that a back with AA's elite skills only managed a 4.3 should tell you all you need to know -- our O-Line hasn't been gettin' it done, and should be the sole focal point of any effort to improve the running game.
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Do you always whine this much when people disagree with you?

What a special snowflake. You and Geezer make a cute couple.
  10. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

You are simply ludicrous.....do you know that? Now I have to accept "your speculation of what is suppose to be" as supporting data. I am done. You are being totally asinine.
  11. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I agree, I think the running game will let us down again this year. He has passed up 2 very good RBs 2 years in a row. Lets hope Quin's picks in lieu of Howard and Foreman perform well to justify his choices.
  12. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it already has. It's like a giant symphony of tiny violins have been cued for the Redzone panty waist crew, ready to play their sad song all season long.

[IMG]
  13. TheDane Active Member

This is what I mean by his arguments being a moving target. He changes criteria and doesn't even bother to use facts to support his next level of fucking crazy. He says that we are the ones who are fucked by saying the same thing over and over. Well, when something hasn't been fixed then yes, that is going to happen but it is us who are the maroons. I refuse to buy in to fucking stupid anymore, he knows nothing about football and will argue for pages to prove it.
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Dane, I would like to apologize to you for my behavior.

I had no idea you were suck a delicate little flower. And it appears that my insensitivity has hurt your feelings. Here, I bought you some special soothing ointment for your emotional wounds ....

[IMG]
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Reverting to frivolous banter now to deflect logical argument. How mature! Can't admit that we may have a point? You have a difficult time with adult conversation don't you? If you want me to respect you, then don't insult me with silliness.
  16. TheDane Active Member

You're on your own Geezer....
  17. bogartin Active Member

18. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Alright. Logical arguments. Adult conversation. No silliness.

Last season, we averaged 3.7 yards per carry. We've already established this is bad. Since then, we've made the following upgrades:

PFF Run blocking grades, 2016:
    Reiff: 57.4
    Wagner: 69.9

Eric Ebron 29.6
    Darren Fells 67.9

Very simple question: How much of an improvement on that 3.7 YPC number do you think we can expect in light of those upgrades? Just a simple guesstimate of what you think our team YPC could improve to in 2017 due to improved blocking -- for the sake of "adult conversation?"
  19. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Your right Dane, the Dumbfuck is not worth talking to. I quit.
  20. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I guess you're just a busy guy with all those slopes to stabilize. :D I'll just go off what you said earlier ....

4.0 yards per carry would be a 0.3 ypc improvement over the 3.7 ypc we averaged in 2016.

This could reasonably increase Zach Zenner's 3.8 YPC to a respectable 4.1, and Riddick's average to a more-than-respectable 4.2. For comparison purposes, David Johnson averaged that last season, and he's the featured back for his team.

I don't see an urgency to upgrade from that. A small improvement in our run blocking means our running game is just fine, and our backs are just fine. Sad as it may be, average would be a huge improvement.