Ebron still hurt

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Honolulublue4life, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

His hammy is not healing
  2. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

When the season starts his hammy will be fine. Malingerer! God forbid he actually gets into football shape. He needs to go. Why Quin picked up his fifth year is beyond me.
  3. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Can't believe Ziggy is still out.
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

CJ Fiedorowitz just got $21.5 million for 3 years and doesn't have near the numbers that Ebron has. CJ is a COMPLETE TE so that helps but I'm not sure that I would break the bank to keep Ebron.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I would take Fiedorowicz over Ebron in a heartbeat.
  6. TheDane Well-Known Member

It all depends on the dough.
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I don't think our success in 2017 hinges on Ebron.

So I'm not panicking.
  8. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Even money I'll take CJ.
  9. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Me personally, if Ebron does not play, which I hope he doesn't, it should be good for at least 2 more wins. He is one of Mayhew worst picks and Mayhew had a lot of shitty picks.
  10. littlekaps Member

We also picked his option up for 8.2M next year. As of now, we have a little over 13M this year left and 44.6 next year. If we cut him and only use 2-3M more this year on "injury needs", we could have over 60 Million next year. (44.6+10+8.2)

Next year's needs would be DT, DE (Ansah extension), C (Swanson Extension?), RG (Glasgow upgrade), CB (Lawson extension?), and TE (Ebron extension?).

Not into extending Ebron nor am I spending a ton on Lawson unless he has a big year this year.
  11. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I wouldn't go that far. He's valuable as long as you're not asking him to be your primary blocker on a team where Cole Wick is your only other healthy option.

As a role player on a team with Fells and Roberts, he's much more valuable.
  12. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

He will drop accurate crucial passes that end offensive drives, and cause the Lions to lose. No, I had enough of this guy.

P.S. My hope is that Golladay is good enough to handle one of the Wideout positions, so Tate can play the slot instead of Ebron, especially when the game is on the line.
  13. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

At this point, I'm ready to cut my losses with him. He has not done anything this year. With the Gollady and Roberts draft, we don't need him.

Get a 4th rounder for him before the deadline and be done. He still has 1.5 years left on the deal so I'm assuming whoever we trade him to would be able to keep him at least that much.
  14. TheDane Well-Known Member

Sadly, CJ is on IR and his career may be over. Concussions, 2 in 2 weeks.