Good Lord...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by def, May 1, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yea, but you approach these topics like a reasonable person. You don't go quoting Briebart, Hannity, or Rachel Maddow. Don't see you promoting conspiracy theories, calling for Muslim bans or for major political candidates to be locked up. You seem to have a healthy level of respect for facts in other words, and you don't completely abandon all logic or reason in an attempt to vigorously defend something that is ideologically based. You just support what you support because it makes sense to you in your world.

And you don't try and contort reality in order to reconcile conflicting beliefs. You simply accept that you hold conflicting beliefs. You, my friend, are the opposite of an extremist.
  2. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

My point would be why should these issues be connected to one another? what does allowing someone to have an abortion have to do with someone's right to own a rifle, it's the two party system dictating the debate and it retards the political debate.
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yes, and ice cream tastes good.

If someone runs as an independent, it's still going to be an uphill battle unless the electorate just gets so soured on both political parties that it over-rides the benefit of getting attention from the major media outlets.

Until then, there's still a difference between the parties but not as much difference as they expouse. Trump is still corrupt as hell, and Def is still a special snowflake.
  4. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

They say Trump colluded to create WikiLeaks but we all know they were out long before Trump was a candidate. They say he interfered with the election, but Hillary was such an ass hat no one liked her. Excuses are for the weak and Libs lost, so they are crying over spilt milk. That's all it is. Cnn will soap opera this for all it's worth, because the left is staring at extinction. Dems want to run things and don't give a shit about you or me Hunter imo
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

Isn't that pretty much what the Repubs did the last 8 years as well?

The only thing I know for certain is nothing is going to change as long as people on both sides support these awful politicians.
  6. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I think Hillary Clinton is a vile political creature and although I voted third party I would have voted for a empty soup can before I would vote for her, my issue with Trump is that he is a fake all of the tough talk about the Chinese and Saudis yet he has asked for China's help on North Korea and is going to Saudi Arabia to hold hands with those backwards theocrats, where is this cancelation of NAFTA? and one of the things he did do I don't support in the least the change in rules on religious institutions and politics, as I said most of us will never have our lives directly effected by either a Trump or Clinton presidency the positive I see in the Trump presidency is one that Clinton was denied power (she deserves the embracement of losing to a cartoon character) and two the political establishment is so bothered by Trump that they are wasting resources trying to co-opt him and obstruct him to the point that they could end up restraining the power of the executive branch which is a positive in my book.

I don't want to rain on any parades and certainly democrats don't care either but do you think Trump has ever sat in Trump tower and was genuinely concerned with a couple of backwoods Michiganders like us? I am pretty sure Trump has never drank a Stroh's or taken a shot of scorsby, ever driven a pickup truck down a dirt road or talked a cop out of writing him up for a noise complaint, maybe he fancies himself a folk hero to the working man but if he does I would wager its only to feed his own ego.

edit: For the record I think WikiLeaks is a positive for government transparency and if the Russians were involved they should be thanked, a political campaign is not the same as the U.S. government and even if it were the U.S. has a history of hacking and spying on other countries and heads of state, remember when it came to light that Merkel and other leaders had their wires tapped during the Obama administration? I would call that a bigger transgression than hacking the email of a political candidate.
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I don't think they serve Stroh's at his hotels.

But they do apparently have Coor's Light. Which is pretty close.

http://taplist.at/TheTerraceatTrumpTower/
  8. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I hear ya Hunter and agree. Whether he works his ass off to stroke his ego or not he seems to try and get things done, things he was voted in on. His ego doesn't want him to fail, but he's not the same person he was when he first started. That said, he's almost like Forrest Gump, not really aware of how DC works and the behind the back nature of it and this throws the corrupters into confusion I think.

All that said Hunter, it'd be cool to kick a few shots back with you sometime. Salu man