Good Take

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Sep 25, 2017.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

Eden Prairie, MN (September 24, 2017) – Professional sports offer a platform unlike any other, a platform that can bring people from a variety of backgrounds together to impact positive change in our society. As owners, it is our job to foster an environment that recognizes and appreciates diversity of thought and encourages using this platform in a constructive manner. Rather than make divisive statements, we believe in promoting thoughtful, inspiring conversation that unifies our communities. We are proud of our players, coaches and staff for the important role they play in our community, and we fully support their constitutional right to respectfully and peacefully express their beliefs."

– Zygi and Mark Wilf and the entire Wilf family
  2. TheDane Well-Known Member

And this...
    Green Bay Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy on Saturday became the latest football executive to respond to President Trump's criticism of NFL players who kneel during the national anthem, calling the president's remarks "divisive."
    "It's unfortunate that the President decided to use his immense platform to make divisive and offensive statements about our players and the NFL," Murphy said in a statement. "We strongly believe that players are leaders in our communities and positive influences. They have achieved their positions through tremendous work and dedication and should be celebrated for their success and positive impact."
    "We believe it is important to support any of our players who choose to peacefully express themselves with the hope of change for good. As Americans, we are fortunate to be able to speak openly and freely."
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

4. Vic Turner Just Sayin

This is just a distraction.... watch them bomb North Korea
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Trumps remarks were ugly and non presidential. He is a Jerry Springer wanna be. Behavior is horrible. I love our flag as much as anyone. I protected the freedom it represents for 20 years of my life. These players are using those freedoms to try to make this country a little better by opening the eyes of the baffoons who aggressively believe they are better than others.

I just have one thing to say to Mr. Trump. What good is there in protecting freedoms that you believe should not be exercised? Our flag is suppose to represent liberty and justice for all and that is the protest.
  6. CapnCrunch who gives a crap?

I'm all for free expression and right to protest, just not during the national anthem. If I protested at my job, I would be fired. These clowns are at work, do it on your own time.

United States Code, Title 36
    §171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.
  7. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

This code is an advisement not a requirement. If you want it to be a requirement the word "must" has to be used instead of word "should". Just saying.
    CapnCrunch likes this.
  8. CapnCrunch who gives a crap?

Valid point, but I stand by my beliefs of that code. And the belief that protesting at your workplace will get an ordinary individual fired. I work at a hospital with Christian mission values and I bet I would be fired if I used my freedom of speech at work to hold a protest over something like pro life or pro choice. There is a time and a place for everything.

Thank you for your service by the way
  9. TheDane Well-Known Member

How do you get fired for protesting when the owner is there with you...protesting? I think Jerry Jones got it exactly right by showing solidarity before the anthem and then rising for it.
  10. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I think Robert Kraft was his last known supporter who still admitted to being a supporter and show his face. Now he can kiss that friend goodbye.

Is this guy capable of making and keeping a single friend in the known Universe?

Christ. You know you have it bad when I'M more popular than the fucking President.
  11. Felix True Fan

Are you though?
  12. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I dunno. Let's take a pole and see if I can break 40%.
  13. Murtyle American Destroyer

Would they make you pray if you didn't want to? That is essentially what is going on here. It's not like they're sitting out plays over this
  14. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Excellent post Geezer! It is everyone's right to comment on this, but it is also the right of people to protest. The thing is if they are protesting white cops shooting black people, well that number is way less than black people shooting black people. Just saying. They need to talk about things in the community and work with people to raise awareness, which is the better approach to protesting the flag. IMO