Ha ha! Welcome to the Lions Mikel!

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Better get used to it, kid.
  2. Vic Turner Just Sayin

The hole closes because of who is blocking for you. If the d was blocked, the whole would not close...simple football 101
  3. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

I think he's making fun of our OLINE.
  4. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Nearly every rookie RB says that same thing regardless of the team...
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

He needs to have one mindset...north/south. You take what you can get but if all we get is 1.5 yards on 3rd or 4th and 1, its a win because we couldn't do it at all last year. The problem with rookies is that they want to bounce outside, but you have to have world class speed, great vision AND the ability to break tackles to make that work. For the record, its less than 1 in a 100 that do.

Thats why I like Morris. He KNEW that it was his job to take it up the middle or die trying. He didn't waiver or bitch, he just gave it his best effort.
  6. Vic Turner Just Sayin

All that dancing he did in college he can't do in the NFL, especially with Backus out and subpar play ot OC and RT. Being the Lions don't run too much 2 back sets there is no FB there to clean up the missed blocks.,
  7. Texan4Lions Keeping it Real since '77

Guess we'll have to throw the ball more.
  8. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Most RBs from a spread offense dance alot because thats what is required in that scheme often, we will see what he can do in the NFL where he will see some time in real power run formations.
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You shouldn't have to spend a high pick to get that.

Anyway, if this guy can bring something to the table that other backs don't typically bring, then it will be worth it. But like you always come back to ... most RBs in the league are about the same, and there are only a handful that stand out.

Most of it still comes down to scheme and blocking.
  10. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

They converted 3rd or 4th and 1's 53% of the time running the ball.

Morris converted 33% of the time running the ball on 3rd or 4th and 1.

DOH!!!
  11. TheDane Well-Known Member

I would love to see where you got your stats because at one time last season we were 3 for 16 converting 3rd and short with the run.
  12. TheDane Well-Known Member

And the league success rate for 3rd and 1 was 67% last year, which probably left us last if we were 53%.
  13. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

I don't know where you got that number but the Lions were 10/16 on short yard situations (1 yard or less) their first 16 tries running the ball on 3rd and 4th downs.
  14. TheDane Well-Known Member

Link, and it may have been 3rd and 1.5, but AGAIN, LINK.
  15. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

There is no link. You have to go through the logs of the games.
  16. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Wait where is Danes link again?
  17. TheDane Well-Known Member

I like www.teamrankings.com to get info from. Our rushing numbers were really pitiful esp on the road and when you threw out the QB and WR runs.
  18. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

ok we can play the stats game. while the rest of you want to concentrate on negative shit here are some good stats.

last 5 games power rating. we were 8th in the NFL.
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/last5-power-ranking-by-team

entire season power rating, guess what we were 8th there too.
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/overall-power-ranking-by-team

NFL Team power rating we were 6th
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/league-power-ranking-by-team

key stats:
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team/detroit-lions

3rd down conversion we ranked 13th in the NFL with 40.08%. last 3 games 48.7%
    last game 60%.we were actually better away than at home. up from 35.9% in 2009. top team was NO with over 48%.
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

MB
  19. TheDane Well-Known Member

I'm not concentrating on negative shit. In Fact, its quite the opposite. If Leshoure can be that short yardage guy then its a win. He WILL have to do it on his own though. That isn't a negative or positive statement, it's a statement of fact.
  20. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

Link?
  21. TheDane Well-Known Member

I got a link to your Mom and she wants to know why you don't call.
  22. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

Enjoy your vacation...
  23. TheDane Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I got banned because you want to give shit to me for calling you out for being a dick. I supplied a link, where was yours? Oh thats right, you don't have any. Go ahead and kick me off the board, I could care less. Enjoy being an asshole.
  24. LionNation Detroit Lions Oracle

First of all, your an asshole to everybody on this board that does not agree with you. Instead of disagreeing with someone on here you start right off the bat with the name calling, stupid or gay, etc. If you can't stop yourself then by all means just leave. You've been warned in the past countless of times. I would just prefer you take your act to the MLive board. You won't be missed!

I don't see in this thread where i was being a dick to you at all. You badgered me for a link that totally disproved what you stated. I told you there was no link you would have to go through the game logs as i did. You posted something later and i asked for a LINK, just like you asked. You had to come back with something about my mother like a child. Its cool, mother jokes don't bother me but it may bother other people on here. You just don't understand and i doubt you ever will.

What it boils down to is you stated something and i proved it was false. In typical Dane fashion, you got pissy about the whole thing.

Your the first person i gave a vacation too on here since this site has been around. The other guys talked me into lifting it. I wish i wouldn't have now.
  25. Jokeray Snarky as I wanna be

was he talking football, or about Vic Turners love life?