History in the Making! Detroit at Chicago Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by goldenlions, Nov 19, 2017.

1. goldenlions International Playboy

No sense of urgency. This team is getting gonna get smoked on Thursday.
  2. moridin Member

how many freaking times is the DE going to jump inside and lose outside contain?
  3. moridin Member

Fuck, couldnt' even force the Bears to take 1 timeout. Holy shit this team will be destroyed by the Vikings next week. :mad::mad::mad:
  4. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

BIG WIN! Lions are not a good COLD WEATHER TEAM - just get the hell out of the Windy City with a W - well done, now let's rock under the roof.
  5. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Gift from the Bears

Wow...how do you shank that field goal?
  6. goldenlions International Playboy

Must have been too cold and too grassy?
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

They were saying all game how in pregame the kickers were struggling on that end of the field. I had a feeling he would miss it. Although admittedly I thought Prater would miss his as well.

Given the cake schedule this team certainly has a chance for the playoffs, but I don't see them doing much damage in the playoffs.

It's so frustrating watching the running game and the complete inability by the line to open up any kind of running lanes. At some point you have to wonder if it's scheme and not execution. I don't know how it's possible to be that bad at run blocking otherwise at this level.
  8. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Cooter is an ignorant bastard. Any kind of lead he goes ultra conservative. He has no kill attitude. We should not run the ball at all unless it's in the second half AND we have at least a ten point lead. Open things up for gods sake.
  9. Schuxu Well-Known Member

As a winning team we had a 34/21 pass/run play ratio.
  10. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Did you actually watch the game? While there have definitely been games where we had the lead and Cooter was too conservative, this was not one of them. Sometimes I wonder about you MB.
  11. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Quite chippy today
  12. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Yeah I watched the game. They came out with the ball in the 2nd half running or trying short shit and punted 2 times in a row they had a chance to widen the lead and choose the short shit route and itvis t going to work against the Vikings next week. Cooter is a fucktard. The D can't stop anybody any more, you dont have the luxury of sleep walking through the game and relying on the D. We need to force the issue and open the offense up full throttle but Cooter is too dam stupid to do it. If we lose thsnksging day we are done and Cooter is the biggest reason why
  13. Schuxu Well-Known Member

They came out of the half like this: run for nothing. Screen to Tate for 10+ yards that got called back cause of illegal motion, pass that Golladay dropped with first down depth on 2nd and 16 and then a pass on 3rd and 16 at Ebrons feet where Stafford scrambled out of a 3 man rush (propably everybody covered downfield).

Tell me where this is conservative shit?
  14. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

MB sees what he wants to see. Stafford was very volatile in this game.
  15. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

This DL needs to be upgraded in a major way. They get no pressure and have been blown off the line and lacked contain so many times last couple weeks.

Team just struggles to create in running game. Like to see them move away from outside zone some and mix it up a little, but still there’s always an OL getting beat. Abdullah is getting so much on his own.

Stafford had some bad misfires and has to protect that ball better in pocket so you don’t have fumbles like that, but he’s still playing good football and made some big time throws. That Lang penalty and Golladay drop were brutal.
  16. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

The offensive issues are far from on Stafford, but man does he have some WTF moments. There are times when he holds on to the ball so long you would think he was a rookie.
  17. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I agree with MB! Not that Cooter is an ignorant bastard, but that WE always RUN on first down. If we are lucky we get 4 yards, but 75% of the time we barely get one yard. Then all of a sudden it's 2nd and 10 and it's just a wasted down. I think we need to hit Golden on some more first downs and change it up. Very rarely does Cooter do something creative on first down!
  18. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Lions defense looked like pure shit.

Bears just looked like the better team out there. We got lucky.
  19. Vic Turner Just Sayin

No way Lions can stop the run vs the Vikes
  20. littlekaps Member

I want to say a "win is a win" so bad but good teams beat bad teams - by a wide margin. Philly over Cowboys as an example.

The Lions have an easy schedule and are playing down to the teams they are playing. You can't just "turn it on" and go. The biggest problem I have as I listened on the radio was Brandstatter saying "the Bears have 6 in the box and the Lions can't take advantage". We spent a ton on linemen and still can't run the ball. I FIRMLY believe that Abdullah is overrated. Riddick at least finds a whole and makes a cut and takes off. Abdullah doesn't break tackles and goes down at contact. Heck, I would put Zenner in and give him more work to get 2-3 yards but at least he plows forward for the most part.

The run defense is so bad. Zettel bites on every dive play and NEVER sets the edge. The beat writers kept saying "this is where they miss Ziggy" but Ziggy did some of the same things. (Plus, god knows how old he is - 35?) Keenum might throw for under 150 yards and the Lions might still lose by 20. Ngata was a much bigger loss than we thought. We need DL with every pick next year in the draft.
  21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Philly also squeaked by Giants and Chargers. Steelers lost to Bears and barely beat Indy. Pats barely beat Bucs and Jets. It’s what happens in the NFL.

I get some concern, but the NFL is not filled with a lot of pretty wins these days.
  22. Vic Turner Just Sayin

I like the optimism. But that defense getting gashed on the ground last two weeks, the DL is THIN and cannot generate a pass rush.

Vikes have found a QB and a solid rum game to go with it.

Only chance the Lions have is to out score them in a shoot out.

Cooter better pull out the secret playbook of its going to be a long game.
  23. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Jarrad Davis - a Miami guy, Whitehead, these are not good cold weather players and it showed. I think the weather had a lot to do with it and The Bears being at home and used to it. I really think they step it up on Turkey Day. Looks like Abdullah's hand is shown and a RB to go with Riddick is badly needed...

Tion Green anyone?
  24. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Not really optimism. More being realistic. Any time something happens in a Lions game, it gets treated like it only happens to the Lions and no one else.

I’m concerned about the DL and Vikes are tough but they had same QB and a running game when Lions beat them in Minnesota. Maybe they hold up, maybe they don’t, but the sky isn’t falling.
  25. Felix True Fan

Yeah, the front 7 on D is just bad....terrible....horrible