I am writing for Sidelion report

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Roaring20, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Roaring20 Member

I have been asked and accepted a contributing writer at Sidelion report.

What sort of things would you guys like to read and have info about?

Any and all input will be seriously considered.
  2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Running Backs.
  3. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

40 times and statistics but with no decimal points.
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Awesome, congratulations Brian. I like Sidelion and read it all the time. I find that group as very knowledgeable, providing excellent insight and a different perspective on the Lions. For you to be included in their group expresses confidence in you as a writer. I look forward to reading your articles.
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

As far as input for articles that I would like to see. I believe the largest change (since the Lions will be keeping JBC at OC) is Matt Patricia's defensive philosophy in comparison with the Lions roster. From what I understand Patricia loves to throw a lot of variables at the offense by switching from a 3/4 defense on one play and then changing to a 4/3 defense on the next. In this regard, how can the players on the Lion's roster be employed within his philosophy (i. e. 3/4 or 4/3 defenses, could they be used for both?). This comparison would have to be a series of articles on each group, secondary, LBs and DL. I would include their weaknesses and strengths with projected need for either a 3/4 or 4/3 defense in each group.

I think this comparison would provide insight on how the Lions would pick in the upcoming draft.

P.S. For the secondary, does Patricia play more zone than man coverage? Or does it depend on personnel?
  6. Roaring20 Member

Thank you for the kind words. I'm truly humbled.

I can only base the secondary coverage as a base zone. However, he also will line them up man to man. So based on personnel is a good guess.
  7. bogartin Active Member

Congrats. Welcome to asking questions you know will never get answered appropriately. My question is along the same lines as Geezer. I keep seeing articles about Patricia being a big piece of the puzzle that Quinn is working on. I would like to see verification that Quinn was working on a "Patricia as HC" puzzle. What has he done in Detroit to prepare for Patricia as HC? What players has he added to this roster during his time that fit Patricia's philosophy? What players have been added that DON'T fit Patricia's philosophy? I think this secondary looks fine, but what about the front 7? There are still a lot of questions about the offense going forward, but I think that a change in defensive philosophy is worth looking at now.