I think our record will be ...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

12-4 with a healthy Stafford and Abdullah

9-7 without Abdullah

6-10 without Stafford

12-4 if Decker comes back on schedule.

9-7 if he doesn't.

13-3 if Decker comes back, Stafford, Abdullah and Slay are healthy and no more than one of the following players in this list are lost to injury :

Golden Tate
    Swanson
    TJ Lang
    Zeke Ansah

And it's already looking kind of dubious that Ansah is going to be back at full strength. Which means if we lose Swanson, Tate or Lang on top of that, then temper the expectations.
  2. Schuxu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm an optimistic guy but I think these predictions are rediculous.
    The defensive line, even with Zeke, gives me nightmares. And I'm no opposing OC.
  3. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I expect them to start off slow, they are missing one and potentially two of their 5 best players in my opinion (Decker and Ansah) and have three new starters on the offensive line so it might take time for the offense to click, defensively they will probably have three rookie starters during the season, so I think it could pretty awful to watch early, but if the offensive gels like they should with two pro bowlers coming in and potentially Decker returning late in the season that could really become a team strength plus on defense eventually if Ansah gets healthy and the rookies have their trial by fire the unit could reach average status, if Stafford plays like he did last season I see 10-6 with the team ascending towards the end, though a slow recovery of Decker and Ansah could be enough to knock them down to 8-8. Remember this division isn't great the Bears are in full rebuild and the Vikings don't have a QB.
  4. Vic Turner Just Sayin

6-8 win season

Defense is in the middle of a rebuild

Losing Bolden will hurt

All the impact players are I jur3d
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

8 wins 8 losses will be the best we can do for the following reasons

1. No Decker - I don't think Decker will be physical able to perform at max this season. I believe he should shut down for the year and be ready for OTAs spring of 2018. Hopefully G. Robinson is at least serviceable and keeps Stafford from getting killed.

2. No backup NFL caliber RB. Abdullah goes down we're fukked. Season goes to 5 to 6 wins max. A one dimensional offense will not do well against this tougher schedule.

3. Rookie LBs will have a lot of learning to do this year. Davis and Reeves-Maybin will play a lot if healthy. Expect them to give up a few big plays.

4. Our DEs are very questionable - Is Ansah going to be healthy? C. Washington does not play to measured athleticism. Zettel is a 2nd year 6th rounder who gives a lot of effort but lacks elite talent. The rest of the DEs are suspended, rookies or UDFA. Not good.

5. Our DTs are questionable - A. Robinson is very solid, Ngata is getting old and snaps should be limited. Spence is on again/off again, J. Ledbetter is a rookie, Thorton is suspended till about mid season, when and if he comes back will he be serviceable for rotation. Teams will run the ball over/through Ngata, Ledbetter, and Spence. A. Robinson better be ready for a minimum 1000 snaps this year.

6. Our secondary is better, but may be negated by the lack of a pass rush.
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

See an 8-8/9-7 team with the way schedule looks now. Done a decent job building up some spots on roster but the DL has weakened quite a bit over past couple years. Addition of speed and talent at LB will help, but inexperience will lead to ups and downs. Expect offense to be more consistent, but need to keep key pieces on the field which is already an issue.

That said, what looks like a tough schedule now can easily change with a couple injuries.
  7. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Going to go out on a limb here
    Could go two ways

12-4
    Or
    6-10

Biggest issue to me is DE.
  8. Felix True Fan

pain.....
  9. goldenlions International Playboy

Unfortunately I see the injury bug plaguing this team this year. Would be nice if young guys could step up, but they keep losing another guy every week. If by some miracle they can get healthy, I would be more optimistic. But I see a 6-10 year this year. They have a brutal schedule to start based on team's that I think will be good. I could easily see them going 0-5 to start the season and the schedule lightens after that but by then it will be too late.

I hope I am wrong, if anything for my enjoyment and ability to sell my season tickets at a decent price! :rolleyes:
  10. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

7-9. If they overachieve and stay healthy, I can see 9-7 as a ceiling.
  11. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

12. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Yeah, schedule is not our friend this year.
  13. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Ya'll have no clue! Who's healthy who's not? Staff inked for 5 more at 135 mill! Will he show the world or cash a check? If any one here predicts it right I will personally ship you a bottle of Old Crow. Top shelf lol...and if you guess right you're just giving yourself a reacharound because you have no clue, face it. I say 11-5 or 5-11 what you know about that?
  14. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Even if they stay relatively healthy, I don't see how this team wins more than 9 games. The D-line really scares me. The Ansah situation reeks of the Levy situation where he just couldn't get healthy. Do we know if this is the same ankle injury that haunted him last season? If it is, he's toast. Pretty sad when your best healthy defensive linemen is A'Shawn Robinson.

So I'll say 8-8. They could easily be 2-4 at the bye.
  15. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Wow

This board nailed it
  16. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

I was getting nervous about my 7 win prediction in September, almost believed they might pass that number. Now I wonder if they'll meet that number.
  17. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

So you were getting nervous that you may have under-predicted their number of wins?
  18. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Right, I almost started to buy into the team.