It's Official....

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Feb 5, 2018.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

2. lionsmack Right down the middle

It isn't the perfect hire but it's probably the best one, on paper, that the Lions could have made. If the Lions hadn't gotten him, probably 4+ other teams would have wanted him.
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

I don't really have an opinion on this, I'm more worried about Quinn and FA and the draft...
  4. lionsmack Right down the middle

At least we know that Quinn and Patricia have worked together and won't fuck up the draft by not being on the same page.

No guarantee they won't fuck it up for other reasons, but its safe to assume we won't have any Millen chicken with its head cut off bullshit
  5. littlekaps Member

Agreed....Also hoping Patricia coaches like Pederson and not like Caldwell.
  6. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

We're good. Caldwell was a good man to a fault and too laid back. Patricia is a lot smarter.
  7. goldenlions International Playboy

They better become a top defense or this is a bad hire. I am supportive because I think Patricia is a much better coach an Austin could ever possibly be.
  8. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I was intrigued by the idea of McDaniels running this offense, but in the end Patricia is probably the better hire. I do wonder why no other teams snatched him up prior to this season though. Maybe he doesn't interview well? (Which wouldn't matter as much for the Lions since Quinn knows him well.)
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Zero head coaching experience at any level. Not even a high school team.

Think Marty Mornhinweg. That's a big risk.
  10. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

God no. McDaniels will flop like he did in Denver. He's an ass.
  11. tepod2001 Active Member

Is he bringing any other coaches with him from NE?
  12. lionsmack Right down the middle

I remember people making a big deal of his beard in previous seasons, like how could you hire a guy to be HC who looks like that? Which just goes to show how stuck up and dumb the NFL still is in a lot of ways.

I think my biggest reservation about MP is, he's never really been outside of the Patriots organization or Belichick's leadership, at least in the NFL. That's a challenge for him to overcome, for sure.

I'm not going to "think Marty Mornhinweg" though. Mornhinweg is a fucking goober who's never even gotten a sniff as HC again and never should have been one in the first place. If MP pulls some idiotic stunt like calling off a training camp practice early and riding off on his Harley like he thinks he's some kind of badass, let's talk some more.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I'm just saying you're taking the same type of risk.

Try Marinelli then. Or Schwartz.

He's similar to Schwartz, but a lot more emotional and "huggy." He's got some Fontes in him. The fat, jolly guy that the players love and play hard for. But with a sharper brain.
  14. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I liked McDaniels, too. Given todays events, definitely does seem like an ass.

Could still be a great coach.
  15. goldenlions International Playboy

I would think the coach that just won the Superbowl would disagree, unless you value coaching high school. Most people don't.
  16. lionsmack Right down the middle

This is like the third time in just the last couple of days that I've seen you say the Lions shouldn't do something because some other move they made in the past didn't work out.

Don't be so scared, buddy.

I mean there are only so many things you can do as a football team. Hire a coach. Draft a linebacker. Sign a free agent running back. I'm pretty sure that the Lions have failed at every possible move that can be made at least once.
  17. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

In other news, I predict Jim Caldwell to the Colts.