Jamaal Williams

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Aug 18, 2017.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

Last year we passed on Howard, this year we passed on Williams. Neither of these guys were high picks. While I doubt that Williams will have the success that Howard had, he would have been a nice fit in our rotation and he is a guy that could handle being the #1 if AA goes down. Green Bay knew what they were getting...

"Williams — a fourth-round pick from BYU — has earned praise from teammates and coaches, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers referring to his work as “spectacular.”
    “It’s going to be important for him to step in there because running back is a tough position. You’re always dealing with nicks and bruises throughout the season, so we need multiple guys there that can do it,” Rodgers said. “He’s done a nice job mentally – that’s the biggest jump for a running back. They’re asked to do so many things in pass protection, route running."
  2. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see how they use him. They seem to really like Montgomery as well.
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

Montgomery is injured, he is playing the same role there that he should have been playing here.
  4. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Meh. I just didn't think he was that impressive of a runner.

Aaron Jones on the other hand ....
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

Jamaal Williams, RB, fourth round (No. 134): If anyone is going to unseat Ty Montgomery as the starting running back, it will be Williams. Of the three drafted running backs, he’s the only one who has taken significant snaps with the No. 1 offense. Williams looks like an every-down back; he has the power needed on first and second down and also can pass protect on third downs. However, he’s not the receiver that Montgomery is coming out of the backfield. He carried four times for 14 yards in the preseason opener.
  6. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

He's the epitome of average.

The "booby prize" of the 2017 RB class. Meaning he was the guy teams were glad to settle for if absolutely every other decent RB option was off the board.

I like the kid about as much as I like Zach Zenner. Meaning he could be decent. Honestly, Eddie Lacy wasn't anything special. Just a decent back who knew how to follow his blockers. Dime a dozen.
  7. goldenlions International Playboy

I think a roomba could win the starting job in GB.
  8. TheDane Well-Known Member

Ah, the same dumb fucks who don't get the game are still here, good to know...
  9. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Kareem Hunt will be the guy I'll look back on. Would have been a great fit.

Of course if Golladay turns out to be this guy once regular season starts, be a lot easier to swallow.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  10. TheDane Well-Known Member

Jamaal Williams ran for 286 yards vs Toledo and had 5 TD's. Hunt had 146 yards rushing with 3 fewer carries and had 1 TD.

And Golladay is all that.
  11. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

How did JW do in the Senior bowl again?

Oh yea, 29 yards on like 8 carries.

Next ....
  12. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Well that settles it.
  13. Felix True Fan

:cool:
  14. TheDane Well-Known Member

15. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Well if he can run like that against University of Wyoming he must be the real deal...
  16. TheDane Well-Known Member

30 carries 163 yards 2 TD's vs Michigan State....dumb fuck...LOL
  17. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Not a good season to use MSU as an example of a competent defense, but it is cute that he had good games against Toledo and Wyoming.
  18. TheDane Well-Known Member

OK I have to apologize, I gave someone else the dumb fuck of the week award when you clearly are the winner.
  19. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

MSU was the 51st ranked rushing defense, but I guess if you want to take that as a measuring stick for Williams then by all means.
  20. TheDane Well-Known Member

24 carries 169 yards 2 TD's vs West Virginia...LOL, what was THEIR running D ranked LOL?
  21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine bad, since that was the average they let up a game.

But are we really touting college stats as some proving point?
  22. TheDane Well-Known Member

Great, it's a dumb fuck convention. So, pray tell, what other "stats" should we be "touting"? LOL, what a fucking maroon...
  23. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Maybe we see how he actually performs in the NFL? I mean have you already forgotten the golden years of record setting college RB Kevin Smith running the ball for the Lions...
  24. TheDane Well-Known Member

Oh I see, you are the class monitor here and get to decide what is and what is not acceptable conversation? LOL, dumb fuck convention...
  25. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

You can discuss whatever you like but I can also question whether a RBs performance against a 8-6 University of Wyoming team in indicative of potential NFL success, but what do I know maybe Williams could have broken all of those Lions rushing records set by Kevin Smith...