Jamaal Williams

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Aug 18, 2017.

1. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Lots of teams have won championships with average tackles...
  2. goldenlions International Playboy

I think you guys don't realize the talent level of the Vikings Oline. Reiff will be with them for a few years if he isn't injured.
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

That's probably the main thing I didn't like about either Backus or Reiff.

They were both the types of guys who believed in not complaining and playing through pain. And at some point, it's just better for the team to sit and allow someone at full strength a turn to play. You're not being a hero -- you're actually hurting your team when your level of play SUCKS because you're hurting.
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Not when the rest of the OL is below average you don't. Our team basically just sucked!

Hell the Lions couldn't win a championship when they had Lomas Brown, (7 time Pro Bowler from 90 to 96) and Kevin Glover (3 time Pro bowler 95 to 97) blocking for them. They also had Jeff Hartings (2 time Pro Bowler 2004, 2005) as a rookie in 96 and he was pretty good from the get go.

You can credit Bobby Ross and Matt Millen for the destruction of a very good OL in the late nineties and the early retirement of Barry Sanders.
  5. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

If Mike Utley and Eric Andolsek hadn't been lost to death and paralysis, things would have been much different. I believe it's possible that we'd be talking about the glory days of the superbowl we won in 93 or 94. We've been playing catch-up as a franchise ever since.

We were making up some ground, then we let Jeff Hartings walk. WTF? Then we were making up some ground again when we had that real big, tough guard we picked up from New England. Damien Woody. Converted him to tackle and he really started to shine there. Then we let him go to the Jets and let Dallas sign Kyle Kosier and everything started going to shit again. It's always been a continuous stream of "one step forward one step back."
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

How does this go? Kareem Hunt 240 yards of offense and 3 TD's. What a bunch of dumbfucks.
    CapnCrunch likes this.
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Well, Geezer says he'll never be anything but a backup.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up. :D
  8. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

9. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

10. goldenlions International Playboy

I think the more remarkable thing was how bad Brady was last night.
  11. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

:D
  12. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yes, I did say that. Thankyou for pointing that out.
  13. TheDane Well-Known Member

NE should have never let Blount go, 2 4th and one's they would have made.
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Stick a fork in him already.
  15. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I'm not sure he scores those 3 touchdowns.
  16. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's possible, though he had stuffed % of 11.4 last year to 6.9 for Gillislee.
  17. TheDane Well-Known Member

NE used 4 RB's for 30 of their 35 carries. Asking Blount to pick up 3rd or 4th and 1 is what he does.
  18. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Yeah right. Only stupid people can understand their own jokes. You are not funny! Don't quit your day job clown.
  19. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

It's alright geezer, sometimes people don't get things like satire or decimals, it doesn't make you slow-witted or senile at all.
  20. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

And what is your point?
  21. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Dane loves backs who's only skill is falling forward for a yard.

Thinks teams should spend actual draft picks on them.

Probably mad we let go of Asiata.
  22. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Now that is funny. LOL Seriously it is one of your more lucid moments here on the Redzone. I am impressed it shows you do have a modicum of mental acuity.
  23. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

We already have Zenner and Washington to do that. Riddick as the receiver. Abdullah as the only NFL caliber RB. Hope he can handle 20 to 25 carries a game.
  24. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

It took long enough. But I think we'll be talking about Jones a lot more.
  25. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Jones looked pretty good again. Although I have to say, I watched all of his runs on Sunday and watching him run you really see the difference what a good run blocking unit can make. He had huge holes to run through, especially on that long touchdown. He gets to the line quick though. Jamaal Williams appears to be an afterthought at this point in that offense for now.