Jamaal Williams

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Lions would have destroyed his career.
  2. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I think we should put Robinson at RB. he's great at avoiding contact.
  3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Looks like Williams will get his chance this weekend.
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

He had 20 carries Sunday, 19 in the 2nd half.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah, after the injuries...and he didn't do much with it. But this weekend he will have to be the bell cow.
  6. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Good God. I feel terrible for Greenbay bans. First Rogers goes down. Now Williams is your lead back???

Kind of reminds me of back in the day when everyone was injured and we'd be like "Well, looks like we're down to Aveon Cason."
  7. TheDane Well-Known Member

LOL, WTF do you think 19 carries in one half is? He was there to run clock, and it's just what he did. Fucking clueless...
  8. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ Dane, get over yourself. Everything is a fucking confrontation with you. All I was saying that he would finally be getting his chance as the starter and bell cow, with no one pushing him. He was the 3rd string RB heading into that game. Okay, fine, he ran down the clock with his 3.4 YPC that I'm sure neither of the other 2 superior backs could have done had they not gotten injured.
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Still trying to hold back my laughter on this one.
  10. TheDane Well-Known Member

Confrontation because I laughed at a laughable comment. He isn't a bell cow, he is a rotation guy that we could have used. He would fare better in GB if Rogers was starting because their O has a very limited play book and has to rely more and more on the PREDICTABLE run. Baltimore's run D has been up and down so GB may be able to establish the run but I won't be holding my breath. This thread was all about simply getting depth for our team at a position that is once again going to finish near the bottom of the NFL. Quin has, in general, done an average job but not being able to upgrade this position is why we have already lost games this season. No pressure from our DL on opposing QB's and not being able to run effectively is simply a Grade of F.
  11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

So we would be 9-0 had we used a high draft pick on a "between the tackles" guy like Foreman? Okay, got it. So it has nothing to do with the line not being able to get any push in the run game. Or The D-line getting no pressure. Or the LBs playing mostly like turds. Or Stafford being his usual inconsistent self. Or the TEs not being able to catch the damn ball (or block).

We can certainly agree on this, although I would put more of the blame of the latter on the line than it seems you would.
  12. TheDane Well-Known Member

What a dumb fuck. Yes, we would be fucking 9-0, let's not even talk about when it would have mattered and simply throw that out because any honest discussion is impossible with fucking dumb fucks like yourself. Inability to make 1 yard is a HUGE issue here, and while the staff made some adjustments early on with the Washington/LB duo, they cut the lead back and we are back to ground zero. Nice post Nancy...
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it has nothing to do with you.

If you honestly think this team would be 9-0 if we drafted Foreman or signed a journeyman like Forte than I have nothing further to add. Feel free to carry on though.
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Did someone just mention D'onte "The Savior" Foreman? HA HA HA!! I forgot all about that turd.

Thanks for the laugh.
  15. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Well I disagree that the LB’s have been turds....

Whitehead has been good and Davis has had his issues, but overall think LB’s have been fine.
  16. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You mean, like, issues sucking? Yes, I agree. And no, I don't have it out for him. He's just not good, and I am reporting that observation.
  17. TheDane Well-Known Member

You stupid fuck, no one said that we would be 9-0. I said that there were games that we could have won. Same dumb fucks making the same stupid fucking comments with no hint of comprehension skills...
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Eh, turds might have been too harsh, but as a unit I think they've been well below average. Whitehead has been what we knew he was - decent against the run, crappy in coverage.
  19. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You've lost all credibility when it comes to the running back debate. You've got me in your signature picking easily the best running back in the draft in round 3. You also suggested Jamaal Williams as some sort of answer to our RB rotation -- with me again suggesting Aaron Jones as 10 times the back. There's quote after quote of you saying Alvin Kamara would be a bust.

I don't know if it's even possible for a single human being to be so wrong on so many fronts and still have the disillusionment to call other people idiots.
  20. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He has not been crappy in coverage this year, despite Geezer saying it repeatedly. That doesn’t make it true. Whitehead had a bad season last year, he’s been a good LB when he’s been on the field the rest of his career.

He’s been a good LB overall. I’d say the unit has been average. In reality the unit is he and Davis really. Worrilow, JRM(who greatly improved)and Bellore are playing limited snaps.