Kaaya Claimed

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Brady was a 6th round pick.
  2. Vic Turner Just Sayin

That's right

There ya go
  3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

As expected, he's back on the Lions. Since he was cut by Carolina does that mean the Lions can keep him on their practice squad or would he have to remain on the 53?
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He’s on active now. Not sure time period, would imagine it’s in part because they want another QB for practices with Stafford beat up. My guess is the waive him again next week and try to get him through to practice squad. Especially considering they cut 3 DLineman today. Though they did sign a DE.
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Awesome
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Kaaya waived to make room for Khyri Thornton. Likely to practice squad.
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

So the Patriots currently have no backup QB. Why do I have a feeling it will end up being Kaaya?
  8. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Probably, that is the Lion's luck. Also he would end up taking the Patriots to several Superbowls while the Lions are still trying to win their division.
  9. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah, either that or the Patriots flip him in 2 years for a 1st or 2nd round pick.
  10. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Would think Pats sign Hoyer. Easy stop gap back up that’s played there already.
  11. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Sorry, but Hoyer sucks.
  12. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

So does Kaaya, what’s your point.

Multiple reports say Pats plan on signing Hoyer.
  13. CapnCrunch who gives a crap?

Patriots signed QB Brian Hoyer, formerly of the 49ers, to a three-year contract.
    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Hoyer was also being courted by the Packers. He instead chooses to go back to New England where it all began as an UDFA out of Michigan State. Hoyer will slide in as Tom Brady's backup, replacing Jimmy Garoppolo, who was traded to the Niners on Monday.
  14. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Hoyer sucks, that is my point. As far as Kaaya, don't you think several years of evaluation is required before one can make that assessment?
  15. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Not if he’s going to be your back up this year. Which was my point. I said Pats were going to sign Hoyer because he’s a vet that’s been with them before. You said he sucks, which is true, but not really relevant because right now so does Kaaya and he doesn’t have the experience.
  16. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Kaaya to Colts.
  17. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Don't blame him. He probably has better chance to beat out Brissett for the backup job next year. Also if luck does not get better, he could get to play.