Kenny Golladay is a good pick.

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Really solid pick.

He can step in right away and fill a role as a redzone target, with the potential to eventually take over as our WR #3. Hands are outstanding. Only dropped like 5 passes in his career.

Big target, 6'3, 220lbs. Ran a sub-4.5 40. Our new Anquan Boldin basically.

2. Felix True Fan

Boldin? Not seei g it...this is a wide radius, throw it up CJ wannabe, nothing like the toughness and run blocking skills of boldin. This is a tall jump ball guy....
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

He's not a blocker. That's for sure. :D The only thing I really hate about his game.

But he's aggressive when going for the ball. Athletic, quick. Gets separation.

No, he's not Jay Lee Part II.
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Good find by Quin. I like him. Looks like we can put Tate in the slot where he is even more dangerous.
  5. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

An upside guy. Not sure you're getting much out of him this year. Still would like to see Boldin back to help bridge the gap and mentor him.
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

That was a great trade, though. Great value for moving down 11 spots in the 3rd.
  7. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Hopefully this means they wont take a TE for at least a few more picks?
  8. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Huh? When Rusty mentioned him earlier you said he was a UDFA and camp fodder...
  9. goldenlions International Playboy

I would like to hear who initiated the trade down in the 3rd round.
  10. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

The story I heard from a video of beat writers at the Detroit Free Press was that the Lions and Patriots had discussed the possibility of a trade and the deal was already in place in principle and when the players the Lions had hoped for at the position were taken and the Patriots guy was still there (implying the Lions may have known it was Garcia) the trade was executed.

From the sounds of it the Patriots initiated the trade and it was something that was in place far before the Lions were on the clock.
  11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Hope Quinn knows what he's doing. Would have been tempted to stand pat and take Foreman. You rarely see RB talent like that in the 3rd round.
  12. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

This is a fair point.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Given the timing, it would seem that the trade was on hold because the Lions had their sights on Godwin in round 3, and as soon as he was off the board, they pulled the trigger.

Which makes sense because they need a receiver, and their next-highest rated guy probably isn't a threat to be picked until the 4th. So you trade down to the bottom of the 3rd, lock him in and get another pick as a bonus.

Smart move and I'm glad it shook out that way because I just don't get the Godwin hype. He drops the ball as much as Ebron, and we needed a bigger, more sure-handed guy who can be a redzone threat.
  14. Murtyle American Destroyer

He certainly looks the part.
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

SSShhh!!! Rusty will notice that I like this pick.
  16. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

17. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

18. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

I find that interesting, since it looked more like anyone who could be the target got snatched up after the trade before the Lions picked.
  19. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Prevailing thought is the target was Chris Godwin.

Lions wanted a receiver bad, and after he was gone, the next guy on their list was Golladay, who they knew would be a reach at the spot they were in, so the trade-down made sense.
  20. TheDane Well-Known Member

21. Felix True Fan

weird size for tires...58/3 = 19.33333 each...strange
  22. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I'm pretty sure he has the skinniest legs from the knees down ever recorded for a human.

[IMG]
  23. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

We don't have to worry about his calves cramping. He doesn't have any.
  24. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

That frame is gonna take a pounding in the NFL.
  25. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Eh. Guys like AJ Green and Randy Moss have similar frames and stayed pretty healthy. Then you have guys built like trucks that are always dinged up. A lot goes into it.
    TheDane likes this.