Kenny Golladay is a good pick.

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

AJ Green comes to mind, but this dude is Todd Pinkston skinny.

[IMG]
  2. TheDane Well-Known Member

Why is it that these uber skinny guys don't wear longer pants?
  3. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He's almost 10 pounds heavier than Green and 30 heavier for Pinkston.

For what it's worth, Pinkston stayed relatively healthy for his career before blowing the Achilles out.
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

He's doing well at OTA's, that's good because I don't know how we would make up for the 4 receptions a game we got from Boldin.
  5. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Pretty good video here that helps put the KG pick in perspective.

He mentions some of the things scouts look at that a lot of draft analysts may have looked over. And helps explain why some teams might not have seen him as such a reach in round 3.

- Catch Radius: Golladay is in the upper 79th percentile in this.
    - Heigh-Adjusted Speed Score: In the upper 92nd percentile in this.
    - College Dominance Rating: Upper 82nd percentile.
    - Early Breakout Age

https://www.playerprofiler.com/arti...tball-sleeper-advanced-metrics-stats-profile/

6. lionsmack Right down the middle

Well this dude's getting the crazy rookie hype, even more than Davis and Tabor. Pardon me for being skeptical, hopefully I will be very pleasantly surprised, but even Antonio Brown, the best (or second best if you count Randy Moss) MAC receiver, had 9 catches for 160 yards and no TDs as a rookie.
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Didn't Jace Billingsley get the same type of hype this time last year?
  8. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

His name and skin color I think got him more hype than anything.

Golladay definitely has some talent and it's good he's playing well in OTA's. It's still a really tough transition for WR's when games start to matter. People should temper expectations for this year.
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You're probably thinking of Jay Lee.
  10. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Could be.
  11. Felix True Fan

Yes, Jay Lee hype was last year, Billingsley hype was the previous year
  12. TheDane Well-Known Member

I think the difference is that every year we tend to see writers hyping UDFA's or late round picks, the "Cinderella Story". This guy is a legitimate NFL player and as much as I didn't want us to pass on Foreman this guy would have been rated higher had he played in the Big 10 or SEC, etc. He is doing well and while it's good to hear, it shouldn't be unexpected. Big guy who had great numbers on a team that didn't have many options.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Actually, they were the same year. It's just that Lee was getting all the early hype. Then Quinshad Davis started stealing some of his thunder, and finally Billingsley didn't catch on fire until the last couple preseason games.

Like Lee, Kenny G is the talk of training camp. But unlike Lee, he's an elite athlete who rarely drops balls, and he put up crazy college numbers. Hopefully that makes a difference. It usually does.
  14. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I'm glad they are high on Golloday but if they think he will replace Boldins production and respect they are mistaken. Boldin is a stud, even at his age he is productive and very physical. The Lions are fools thinking going younger is a better option. At least resign Boldin to give the rookie a look on how it's done to play at the level Boldin does. If they don't resign Boldin it's a huge fail IMO.
  15. TheDane Well-Known Member

Boldin averaged 4 receptions a game and they don't play the same position so what exactly was this kid going to learn from him? No way Golladay will be in the slot.