Lions Bengals

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I knew the the 4 and 10 Bungles would beat us, I could feel it. What a joke. This team was just not ready to play football. That is coaching over and over and over again.
  2. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

It is all due to a lack of a respectable run game, how many times year in and year out have we said this. The OL was supposed to be upgraded, Im thinking its more of a RB issue now or maybe both.
  3. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Good points. Besides our RBs who lack the long speed to horizontally stretch the defense, I think Cooter/Caldwell's offensive scheme may also be the problem. Lang and Wagner have both been very effective run blockers prior to coming to the Lions. However, this year, they were constantly injured and ineffective which leads me to believe the scheme is over extending these guys past normal capability.

P.S. Caldwell has never had a running game his entire tenure in the NFL as a Head Coach or as a OC. This tells me that scheme is most likely the main problem.
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

The OL was missing 3 starters Sunday and played something like 10 different combinations this season.

The D was also on the field for 78 plays against a terrible offense. That’s absurd. The DL is complete dogshit.

I also think how much the OL was “upgraded” was overstated. You replaced 2 pretty good OL with 1 pretty good OL and a good/very good OL that tends to get dinged up a lot.

And I do think they need to add a back, but I do not understand the way they abandoned Abdullah. It’s not like others had a great amount of success.