Lions vs. Panthers Prediction

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by littlekaps, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Felix True Fan

No pressure by the D letting Cam have all day to pick them apart...and our boy ebron...ugh
  2. Schuxu Well-Known Member

No pressure from the D-Line at all.

No way we can stop an offense with no pressure.
  3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it's progress when it's week 5 before we could say "Same Ole Lions" when usually it's week 1 or 2. So there's that.
  4. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

The war in the trenches was won by Carolina on both sides. End of story. A stop at the end there would have been sweet.
    Schuxu likes this.
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

Excellent guess
  6. goldenlions International Playboy

I am concerned with Staffords ankle after this game. They have to win next week.
  7. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Problem with lions is they try to run and they aren't built for it. They get into the 4th qtr down and suddenly move the ball at will. Cut the crap and play pass happy all game. Are they that ducking stupid they can't see that?
  8. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

If Cowboys beat the packers we are ok for now.
  9. Schuxu Well-Known Member

His Ankle, his arm, his hand.

The guy is severly beat up.
  10. Schuxu Well-Known Member

We need some run game in order to set up Play Action, which we use a lot in our passing game. Defenses play very differently against us in the 4th quarter, so that it seems we would be able to run such an offense all the time.
  11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I said this in chat but Stafford was playing that injury up. At one point he was on camera walking normal and you could see him like "Oh shit, I need to limp." And then he started limping. I think he has a bit of that munchausen like Roethlisberger.
  12. littlekaps Member

Some observations from today....

1) Ansah isn't right or 2015 was an aberration. I am starting to believe it is the latter more than the former. He had a sack and 2 tackles today. The sack helped but other than that, he was non-existent. If I was Quinn, I would let him walk. I would NOT give him a 5-6 year deal in the 90M range. This is one where you have to think where else you could spend that money.

2) I am done with Ebron. More drops today and he is more interested in the "show" of the game rather than getting the job done. With the $8M we get back from him, we will have over $60M in cap room. Bleacher Report had something that Dave Birkett tweeted that Boldin told a radio guy Ebron was mad he was taking his red zone looks. Boldin apparently told Ebron it was because he couldn't get it done. Trade him, cut him, do something to him.

3) We got a heck of a player in Jarrad Davis in the draft. He can pursue and get after it. He was in the backfield a number of time and yes, he missed a few tackles but that kid can ball.

4) A'Shawn Robinson disappeared in this game. No official stats. NO OFFICIAL STATS. I will be interested to see his snap counts. His preseason stats seem to get the hype train rolling and then he disappears.

I could go into our inability to cover a tight end as well as our lack of pressure throughout the game but these are the 4 big things in this game that I saw.
  13. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Interesting to know if the absence of Paul Worrilow had something to do with the inability to cover Dickson today.

And yeah Ebron has been busy playing himself out of a starting position, the drops never seem to stop and while Fells might not be a good receiver he is a good blocker, might be time to change the offense to account for a receiving TE who cant catch the ball.

The Panther have a unique offense in that they regularly put 3 players on the field that are 6'5 or more, the Lions don't have the height in the secondary to contest those high placement throws especially considering the lack of pressure.

Concerning the Lions pass rush I share the concern over Ansah though I think its injury related but when will he be healthy? the Lions just don't have the elite talent on the DL right now Robinson seemed to disappear and Zettel is doing his best but he is more a rotational guy.
  14. 26point2 Member

Rodgers and GB are unreal. I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a team like that.
  15. 26point2 Member

I fucking hate GB.
  16. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

That was actually a fantasy football guy. Boldin told him that Ebron didn't like that Boldin was taking the red zone targets and Boldin told him if you were doing your job I wouldn't even be here. Ebron is a joke and Quinn's biggest snafu was picking up his option.
  17. littlekaps Member

They can cut him and get back his 8M option back. The problem is trying to trade him with that option there. Going to have to cut him and get him nothing.
  18. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Said that in the past that a week when Lions get national attention, called best team in NFC by some, would be week they lay an egg. Gave them benefit of the doubt, felt this team had a different feel. They laid an egg, whether the team is different, we’ll see.

That was a dog shit performance though. Offense was trash. This OL cant consistently run block and Carolina had them on skates too often in pass protection. Whether it’s guys not getting open or Stafford holding the ball, it’s a problem. Still maintain, longer Stafford holds the ball the chances increase bad things happen. Drops....Ebron is beyond fixing at this point, just fucking up. And while I’ll criticize guys for drops, Stafford has to take some heat for ball placement. Tate should have caught that ball on 3rd down, but there is no reason for that ball to be even remotely challenging to catch. He had all day to throw and Tate was wide open. That should be an easy pitch and catch and 20 yards at least.

Defense. No pressure at all. Cam was able to knit a sweater back there all day. Thats absurd, thats not that good of an OL. I’d criticize secondary more but you can’t ask them to cover all day when QB has that time.

Better clean that all up, Green Bay is off an running and aren’t even healthy yet.
  19. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yep, completely agree with all of this. Not really much else to say other than I guess I jumped the gun on wanting to order a Killebrew jersey. He was awful.
  20. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Wilson wasn’t a ton better. Blew the coverage on that huge Dickson play on 3rd down.

I guess on the plus side, the Lions played really fucking bad on both sides of the ball and still had a chance to win.
  21. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

Why isn't Fells a good catcher? He has at least caught everything thrown his way. He is on the slower side compares to Ebron and maybe not a good route runner, but he can catch. He needs to be the TE going forward.
  22. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Can I reiterate how much I like Anquan Boldin?
  23. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I should have been more specific, by receiver I meant the combination of speed, route running, ability to get separation and hands, he certainly isn't a player you are going to split out wide to create mismatches, he is a more classic style TE that is a blocker first.
  24. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

If Ebron makes that catch Lions win? It would appear so.
  25. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I just wish somebody on defense would cover the TE. Made the guy look like HOF.