Matt Lefleur

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

I don't want Schwartz back, he blew it with blowing up at the fans. I still think Patricia is coming.
  2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

He's probably just using the Giants thing to bargain for a bigger salary.
  3. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Really? I thought it was more of the Giants trying to trick the Lions into hiring someone else so they can hire Patricia.
  4. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to coach a 9-7 team with Stafford.

Over a 3-13 team with ... ?

That would say a lot about how people from winning organizations view our situation.
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

Or there are other factors like not wanting to leave an area you and your family are comfortable.
  6. Felix True Fan

And being in a city like New York over a city like Detroit...
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

And not going to where your career will die.
  8. Murtyle American Destroyer

Who gives a fuck? Fans are the biggest group of whiners on the planet. I wish coaches would be more honest. I can't listen to sports radio anymore. I have a hard time reading sports articles. I find it pathetic.
  9. Murtyle American Destroyer

Bullshit. Quin and Caldwell took over a decent team and did what with it? Damn near the same results that Mayhew and Schwartz got. Mayhew and Schwartz took over a historically bad team and made them respectable.

In terms of who did the most for this franchise Mayhew and Schwartz have done far more than quin and Caldwell. I don't think it's even close.
  10. Felix True Fan

Agreed...but people hate mayhew and schwartz, so they will always blame them for everything
  11. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Something that's never been done in my lifetime as a Lions' fan.

3 winning seasons out of 4. Two of which were back-to-back. Haven't seen that done since ... 94 maybe?

And a winning record as a head coach. Not a very high bar, I'll admit. But still, not something that's been done in my lifetime as a Lions' fan.
  12. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked Schwartz for what he was but those defending Mayhew must have missed those drafts of his. They were some of the worst drafts I've ever seen, and that even includes Millen drafts. Just because he hit on 1 player out of 7 doesn't make it a successful draft. He had a good draft in 2013, but the rest were awful.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Mayhew was particularly bad in rounds 2 and 3.

And that's normally where you need to get value if you want to build a good team.

He was also just plain dumb for making a receiver the centerpiece of his offense. And for paying a defensive tackle that much money. A DT who was worth the investment exactly one season, and then he left just like any of us could have predicted.