My "Way too Early Draft"...

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Dec 16, 2017.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

"I expect a huge fucking year from Abdullah." Hmmmm...
  2. Felix True Fan

Rusty: my penis is small

Dane: mines smaller

Rusty: aw, thats cute, Dane thinks his penis is the smallest, but anyone with any modicum of intelligence knows my penis is the smallest

Dane: youre a fucking maroon if you dont believe my penis is the smallest

Rinse lather repeat
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

Wow Felix, it almost sounds like your family reunion. What is it that you bring to this board? I mean, what threads or meaningful discussion have you brought? Well, none comes to mind. My last comment was the closest I have come to replying to Rusty in months because he is simply a paranoid schizophrenic with Mommy issue's and when he threatened to hire a private eye to chase me down I knew that he was a total whack job. Rinse, lather and repeat is what you bring here. I bet you can't find a post in the last maybe half year where I have replied to the loser because there simply is no point. I didn't reply directly to him just now, if I were to do that I would have said, "Hey dumb fuck, how is that last place running game working out...again?" You're a fucking pussy who jumps in long enough to be a dick and with nothing to add. Thanks for playing pussy..LOL
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I will take

1. Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
    2. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    3. Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
    4. Isaah Wynn, G, Georgia
    5. Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

I think your first 3 picks are all gone before we pick in the second. I like Wynn and I thought Georgia had one of the top 3 Olines this year and was a big part of the success of both Chubb and Michel. If it's between Freeman and Penny in the 4th I would take Freeman, but again, I think he's gone. Phillips could be the real wild card in this draft, and I would even consider him in the first if Vea is gone. He is a tackling machine.
  6. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Our backfield needs to be totally revamped, so we need 2 backs if we can get them.

I really want a RB that can run 4.5 or less 40 yard dash. Our RBs due to no long speed leave a lot of yards out there on the field. Bryce Love is probably in the 4.35 to 4.45 range. Incredibly strong for his size, breaks a lot of tackles. Great Vision. Better than McCaffrey. Great 2017 highlight reel with a lot of home runs. He will probably be gone in the top 15, but if he is not, he is the pick.

Otherwise continue building the trenches;
    Clelin Ferrell in the 1st
    Hopefully Phillips is there in the 2nd then, because he is going to be good.
    Isaah Wynn in the 3rd (Powerful run blocker to replace Lang)
    Freeman (Preferred) or Penney in the 4th (Both are power backs who break tackles and have good hands)
    Marcell Frazier or Duke Ejiofor in the 5th
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I might be a troll, but at least I'm an interesting small-penis'ed troll. The paranoid episode you refer to being one of my most favorite classic meltdowns.

Felix's troll heyday consisted of pestering anyone who had disagreements with Lions' front office during the Martin Mayhew regime. Now that his hero is gone, he's out of material. Although I miss the stories about his Lions Jerseys, and all the cute little sluts he used to let wear them. Then again, we're all a bunch of old curmudgeons now, and most of our pussy-chasing days are in our rear-view mirrors.

Except for me, but trust me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. You'd think being in your 40's and still getting 20-year old pussy would make you a rock star. It doesn't. It just makes you kind of an immature man-child.
  8. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I've always subscribed to the school of thought that if your RBs are getting hit in the backfield consistently what you need is to upgrade the RBs straight line long speed, I mean it's just common sense really...
  9. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. Sarcasm....
  10. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

'Tis the season...
  11. TheDane Well-Known Member

Penny has 3 carries for 116 yards and 2 TD's, just set SDSU's rushing record...

Now 8 carries for 178 yards and 3 TD's...

Now 14 carries for 221 yards and 4 TD's...
  12. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Great performance by Penney. I changed my mind Penney in the 4th over Freeman.
  13. TheDane Well-Known Member

Penny also had 62 return yards on 2 carries, and I really want to shore up special teams because it was an area where we had an advantage in almost every game we played last year. That said Freeman played vs tougher competition and I would still take him over Penny.
  14. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I don't know Penny has dominated everybody. He has great vision, burst and power (+SPEED). Having a choice between Penny and Freeman would be a win and a win. I thought the last RB crop was good, but this one might be a little better. Probably should put both of these guys in the 3rd round at the latest.

P.S. Have you watched what Penny did to Arizona St.? Penny hands down, I am a fan. He is a bigger version of Jahvid Best, OMG. He destroyed Ladainian Tomlinson's records. The more highlights I watch, the more I am impressed. He is way better than Donnel Pumphrey taken in the 4th last year.
  15. TheDane Well-Known Member

Well, anyone who had never seen him play before just got a good look if they watched tonight. ARMY has a below average D and the OL gave him a quick hole and he was thru in the blink of an eye. I bet his 10 yard dash time is going to look pretty good. Two weeks ago he was listed as a 6th round pick on the Sports Xchange, tonight he's listed as a 3rd round pick and climbing. He's still listed as the #19 RB in the draft on GBN...http://gbnreport.com/2018-rb-ranking/ He's a north/south guy, but literally is no taller than AA and just 10-15 pounds heavier. And I think that people will look at Pumphrey and asks themselves was it the player or the team with re to Penny, the next guy up. I would rather pass on taking a RB in the first 3 rounds because we have some real pressing needs on the DL and Center. IMO we are still in need of a rotation guy and we don't need to pass on other needs to find one.
  16. TheDane Well-Known Member

ON AVERAGE 8 RB's go in the first 100, that means that a guy like Kerryon Johnson could be available when we pick in the 4th as the 11th or 12th RB taken. He was first team SEC this year. He was also named the AP SEC offensive player of the year.
  17. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I don't know Dane, Bryce Love would look really really good in a Lion's uniform. He had 263 yards rushing against UCLA and 301 yards against Arizona St. The guy has a rocket shoved up his butt. and he fires the afterburners any time he wants. Nobody can catch him. Speed kills and this guy is extremely lethal.

He would really help the OL. Defenses would have to stretch out to cover the edge because of his speed allowing more room between the tackles and better blocking angles for our OL. Opposing DEs would have to play on the outside shoulder of the OT and LBs would have to play outside of the DEs instead of directly behind as they do now against our current backs. I think he is a "must" if he is there for us in the 1st.

We have to have a running game and become two dimensional to go to the next level of competition, the Playoffs
  18. TheDane Well-Known Member

Well, he's exactly the kind of player that teams would actually try to move up and get, because there will be teams that believe they are one piece away and he could be that piece. I simply don't think that's us but if we went this route I would go all in on O for the first 2 rounds. Take Love, get 2x 1st Team OC Clapp in the second, then take 2x 1st Team DE Tyquan Lewis in the 3rd. It's a deep DT class but depending on who is available in FA I might go right back to O and grab BPA for the rest of the draft. I think if we can win 2 out of 3, (O,D and Special Teams), we will dominate most teams. Your route says take O, I happened to like going the D route for reasons I've already stated. It will be interesting to see what Quinn thinks.
  19. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Royce Freeman and Rashaad Penny will play in the Senior Bowl. After they showcase their talent in this game, we will have to place both of them in the 2nd round at the latest, and maybe bottom of the 1st.
  20. TheDane Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if either one goes before the second half of the 3rd round.

#
    PLAYER
    HEIGHT
    WEIGHT
    40X
    SCHOOL
    CLASS
    NOTES

1 Saquon Barkley 5-11 228 Penn State JR
    2 Derrius Guice 5-11 218 LSU JR
    3 Bryce Love 5-10 196 Stanford RSO
    4 Sony Michel 5-11 215 Georgia SR
    5 Ronald Jones 6-0 200 USC JR
    6 Damien Harris 5-11 221 Alabama JR
    7 Nick Chubb 5-10 225 Georgia SR
    8 Kerryon Johnson 6-0 212 Auburn JR
    9 Josh Adams 6-2 225 Notre Dame JR
    10 Rodney Anderson 6-2 218 Oklahoma RSO
  21. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

22. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I'm with MB, we need a stud RB and not some Mid-tier crop duster. We need a Heisman like runner or go Defense. End of story
  23. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

If we go RB I want an elite one. Two RB's in this draft fit that for me. Barkley and Chubb, otherwise in fa there will be Bell and maybe Ingram.
  24. TheDane Well-Known Member

Devonta Freeman 4th 2014
    David Johnson 3rd 2015
    Jordan Howard 5th 2016
    Kareem Hunt 3rd 2017
    Rashaad Penny 4th 2018

End of story...
  25. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

The problem I see, or maybe I am missing them, is decent pass rushing DEs that won't need a lot of development from this draft. After about 3 guys, the cupboard gets bare quick for DEs and these guys will probably go in the top 15.
    The DTs and OLs are there and should be available in the 2nd, even to the 3rd.
    Therefore, I think I would go best player, which is probably going to be a RB in the 1st.
    Pick up a developmental DE in the 4th.
    TE in the 5th