Ngata on IR

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by goldenlions, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:07 AM.

1. goldenlions International Playboy

Still eligible to come back, but mostly likely done.
  2. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

3. Vic Turner Just Sayin

That's going to hurt
  4. goldenlions International Playboy

Now sounds like he's done for the year. Probably a career.
  5. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

That hurts, was playing well and a leader on D.

Gonna need A’Shawn to step up. Hopefully Korucek can maximize Datone Jones talent.
  6. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Losing Ngata hurts big time. He was playing lights out. They need to go after actop DT ad quit signing has beens.
  7. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

And how does one go about doing that 6 weeks into the regular season?
  8. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Trade Whitehead for him?
  9. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

This significantly impacts the season. And our playoff chances.
  10. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Seriously? I'd say it puts a slight dent in them (compared to what they were before anyway). But if Quinn has built the depth as good you've been saying he has it's just next man up, right?
  11. goldenlions International Playboy

QB is only one position that if an injury occurs, I think the Lions are screwed. Anyone else and like BB was eluding to, next man up.
  12. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Losing Slay or Quin and I think you’re in a real bad place.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yea, but in this case, who's the next man? Interior defensive tackle is the one area where I just don't think we have the depth to absorb a loss like that.
  14. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Definitely will have an impact, but I also noticed Ngata's snap count percentage was slowly decreasing (and was at 45% overall). Agree with badnews on Slay & Quin (who have both basically played 100% of the defensive snaps and at a high level at that - well, aside from week 5 Slay).

Losing Ngata hurts but I'm not losing sleep over it. I wasn't expecting anything from him this year so he already exceeded my expectations by a lot. And weren't you a Caraun Reid believer at one point?
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

16. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yea, and Tyrunn Walker. I have a terrible track record evaluating defensive tackles.

But I still think I'm good enough to say we were already thin at the position. So even losing a mostly "average" guy like Ngata hurts. I don't know if we have any "average" guys to step up and fill his mostly average production.

We might be in the same position we were in at offensive Tackle. Where we had our two starters, and then a straight 90-degree angle dropoff between either of them and the next guy up.
  17. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

All the games here on out are going to be shootouts.