Oh, gosh darnit, we didn't get Blount.

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, May 17, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

We're totally screwed now.

We don't have enough NFL caliber backs.

[IMG]
  2. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Agree.

The 2 biggest mistakes lions made are

1) not resigning Boldin (couldcstill happen$
    2) not signing Blount
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Idiots.

Totally fucking screwed now. Blunt will TEAR IT UP in Philly and make us all sad. HAHAHAH What a bunch of dumbfuck maroons.
  4. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

When will people learn RBs are like a fine wine...
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

201/784/5

That's my prediction for Blount. And that is probably generous.
  6. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Blount is a TD machine but has a low ypc. I was on the fence. Not bummed we didn't get him then again probably would have been able to punch it in better.
  7. TheDane Well-Known Member

We passed on first and goal at the 2 today. How did Blount do?
  8. TheDane Well-Known Member

He's 42 for 249 so far, only 1 TD. After 16 games that would = 162/996/4
  9. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Then I'd say I'm not that far off. But he won't reach those yardage numbers. I think I actually overshot it.
  10. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Wow. 42 whole attempts on the season.

Workhorse!
  11. TheDane Well-Known Member

He has only played in 3 games, he was scratched for game 2. They have a good rotation and he is likely to carry in that 10-16 range depending on which RB is having the most success. It's exactly how we would have used him here, though his count would have dropped because we simply don't run as much as Philly. Philly is tied for second with Denver at 572 yards rushing thru 4 games, on 122 carries. We have 109 carries through 4 games for 388 yards. We would not have been passing on first and goal from the 2 if he's here, he would have been an asset if and when AA goes down again as well.
  12. TheDane Well-Known Member

From O'Hara this am...Through four games he’s (AA) been the running game, with 257 yards on 66 carries and a 3.9-yard average per carry. Stafford is next with 53 yards on 10 scrambles.
    The other tailbacks have combined to gain 59 yards on 29 carries – an average of 2.034 yards per carry.

Thank God for those "other" tailbacks.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Blount will be a non-factor by mid season.
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Watch Blount do jack shit against Cardinals defense.

Don't see AA doing much against Carolina either. The quality of run defense faced is always the single greatest determining factor in the success/lack-of-success of any RB on any given Sunday.

With quality of run blocking coming in a very close second.
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

14 carries for 74 yards = 5.3 yards/carry. Not bad
  16. TheDane Well-Known Member

He now has 70 carries for 390 yards in 6 games now, averaging 5.6 yards per carry. But it's got to be the OL, right? LOL, 79 for 275 yards for the other running backs.

What a dumb fuck, his ypc just went up after that last 2 weeks...

Watch Blount do jack shit against Cardinals defense.

Don't see AA doing much against Carolina either. The quality of run defense faced is always the single greatest determining factor in the success/lack-of-success of any RB on any given Sunday.
  17. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Pretty sure last night I saw them hand the ball to Blount 7 straight times inside the 5 and he couldn't punch it in.
  18. TheDane Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that being the dumb fuck you are that that wasn't the case. I saw him lose yardage late in the game when they were running the clock out and he got nailed for a loss, and yet, he still has a ypc average that is higher than your IQ.
  19. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

There's the Dane we all know and love. Relax man...you must be a blast at parties.

I was just looking at the play by play and below is the sequence I was referring to. So no, it wasn't 7 straight times (though it sure seemed like it). I forgot Wentz was actually the one that got the first down on a sneak on 4th and 1. They eventually scored on the pass to Ertz. (Though I suppose you'll say Blount's brilliant running set that play up.)

2 6:26 1-10 CAR 12 LeGarrette Blount middle for 6 yards (tackle by Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis)
    2 5:49 2-4 CAR 6 LeGarrette Blount left guard for 1 yard (tackle by Shaq Thompson and Mike Adams)
    2 5:11 3-3 CAR 5 LeGarrette Blount right tackle for 2 yards (tackle by Thomas Davis and Mike Adams)
    2 4:26 4-1 CAR 3 Carson Wentz middle for 2 yards (tackle by Charles Johnson and Star Lotulelei)
    2 3:58 1-1 CAR 1 LeGarrette Blount left tackle for -1 yards (tackle by Shaq Thompson and Kawann Short)
    2 3:18 2-2 CAR 2 LeGarrette Blount middle for 1 yard (tackle by Mike Adams and Charles Johnson)
  20. TheDane Well-Known Member

Of course it wasn't 7, and you probably didn't remember that he ran for a 2 pt conversion as well. And even with that set of downs he ran for how many again? $1.25 million contract and the lame fucking GM couldn't do it because doing the same thing over and expecting different results looked so much better.
  21. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

So do you honestly think the Lions run blocking has been just as good as the Eagles this year?
  22. TheDane Well-Known Member

Oh that's right, in dumb-fuck-ville it's never about the talent of an actual player, it's about the OL.
  23. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I am glad Blount is doing well enough to give you something to be insufferable about considering Williams and Forte sure aren't...
  24. TheDane Well-Known Member

Really Dick Breath, who started this thread...
  25. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Rusty created this to antagonize you because you were a proponent of signing Blount in another thread.