On The Bench...Throwback Tuesday...

Discussion in 'Mental Breakdowns' started by def, Nov 7, 2017.

1. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

In the basement somewhere on YouTube I came across this gem, a throwback if you will. If you were a sports radio guy in the mid-1990's there is no doubt you have heard of Ferrall On The Bench. Nothing was more entertaining on the radio, that was until he passed out one day after a show and had to be taken to the hospital. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Epic stuff.

2. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Another one, why not?

3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Loved Ferrall back in the day. I think some of his best stuff was when he was on the Stern channel. Wish he never left there.
  4. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Yeah I was a fan. When I lived in Long Beach going to college, he did a show from Legends on Second Street and I remember sneaking in a pint of 151. We ordered beers and we were soo rowdy we had that place rocking. No joke. During commercial breaks, Ferrall would go out to smoke a cig, like me and my buddy and I offered Ferrall a hit of my 151 (I also ordered beers to keep it on the down low) Anyways Ferrall looked at the 151 and said it gets in the way of his ulcers. I offered him the beer and he downed it. He actually talks that way lol Dude is cool as fuck. I think he had a cocaine problem at one point, but pure genius on air. My buddy played bass in the group The Jesus Lizard back then and they had just signed to Capitol Records and we were partying and just started chanting Jesus Lizard over and over again to the sheer dismay of the crowd and Ferrall actually played a Jesus Lizard song to enter a segment, dedicating it to the crazies in back lol Good times. We went off. I actually had a tape of that show, but lost it. Around 96ish I think maybe early 97. I guess the producer kid for the show realized Sims was in TJL and talked to him saying he was a big fan etc, cool night. After that they played Thumper, like the worst track off their new album. Oh and as the song played Ferrall sang along totally making up his own lyrics pertaining to sports for like 2 minutes it was hilarious.