Packers MNF

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Honolulublue4life, Nov 6, 2017.

1. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Man they are 100% not calling holding tonight.
  2. Schuxu Well-Known Member

Oh wow totally nailed the Score prediction. Lets Hope the other Part ist also correct and that was the start of a nice win streak
  3. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I was going to say damn Schuxu, well done Jimmy The Greek like.
  4. littlekaps Member

Observations from Monday Night in Green Bay-----

1) Darius Slay - While Hundley is no Aaron Rodgers but holy mackerel did he cover Jordy Nelson. I know people were yelling for a flag on the long ball but he didn't interfere, he was running with him and looking for the ball. Later on the same drive, he batted the 3rd down pass away. Starting to become the shut down corner we all want. Now if we could only....

2) ....Find another corner on the other side. Nevin Lawson is a free agent and he is not worth more than 3-4M a year but someone will overpay him big time. Another player we should not overpay for is.....

3)...Ziggy Ansah. Another STELLAR performance - 2 tackles and a QB hit. Right now we have 4 sacks and 17 tackles for over $12M a year. If they franchise him, I might vomit. I did vomit though....

4)...with our goal line offense. Playcalling was atrocious!!! Lang and Wagner get no push on the right side. We need Decker back and fast!

5) Jarrad Davis...sure tackler and is getting the job done as a rookie. AS A ROOKIE.

6) Tahir Whitehead might be worth resigning on the strong side. When he isn't in the middle, he plays really, really well.

Happy with the win as we should have won and now 8 games left with only 1 team with a winning record that we beat at their place. Lions could be favored in every game. If we can't win the division now, when will we?
  5. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Slay has been that guy for a while now. He shut Brown down last week, too.

Lawson and Hayden have been fine, both have their issues but neither worries me much going into a game. Secondary is strength of D right now.

The guy to replace them though is already on the roster in Tabor. Like it or not they spent a 2 on him for a reason.

Ziggy just isn’t the same guy. Don’t know if he’s hurt or injuries have just beaten him down, but he’s not getting it done.

Playcallin is not the issue in the red zone. Execution is. Playcalling isn’t making guys drop passes or the OL not be able to get any push.
  6. Did anyone else notice how well Mahalik played last night? Huge upgrade over Robinson...
  7. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

My thought leading up to this game is that if we win then I think it might put us on a roll to beat Cleveland, then Chicago and the Queens as well and take back the North. I think we have a better chance now that we may have got some confidence back.

Another take away is either team did not commit many penalties or the refs just let the boys play. I liked it. Made the game more enjoyable to watch.

Guys on the radio today were talking about bringing him in as an eligible receiver to block from now on if we need it instead of a TE.
  8. Vic Turner Just Sayin

For the second time I heard Gruden say "there is something wrong with the Lions run blocking schemes, the design is off".

Overall good win versus the worst Packer team I have have ever laid eyes on in my 40 plus years on this planet.
  9. Schuxu Well-Known Member

This is a point that should really get factored in when analysing this game. The Packers sucked ass yesterday.
  10. TheDane Well-Known Member

Yes
  11. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

The Lions still look like a team that just doesn't give a shit about run blocking.

They don't look like they stress it in practice. Like they're a team who just gave the largest contract in NFL history to a player, and now their singular purpose is keeping him upright at all costs.

I don't think it would hurt for them to have a running game coordinator. Someone to come in who knows something about running schemes, who will stress it. Their lack of running game has been going on so long, it can only be an organizational thing.
  12. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Yeah something is fundamentally wrong with the run game. I think the blocking scheme is too cute. They need to get back to just zone or man like in the past. I'm starting see Swanson flopping around our there. Seemed better with Glasgow at OC.
  13. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Glover Quinn, Darius Big Play Slay, Jarrod Davis and Zettel are playing some serious D
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

They need to do something really outside the box on goal line.

I wonder what kind of damage A'Shawn could do as a lead blocker, ala Refrigerator Perry.
  15. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Yep! Definitely a FB in the backfield and big body lined up at TE. D-wash or Zenner should get the ball. Abdullah is slow through the hole and dilly dally's. Not a fan. Riddick is a threat, but much better on screens. An every down RB would be a good idea in the draft. I can't say how much of a disappointment Abdullah is. I wont mention George Winn, but he would have been a good backup and probably better than Abdullah, but I digress. Didn't we draft Tion Green? He killed it in preseason! Why not give him a shot? Big body, fast, straight slasher type runner...I say Tion Green should get a chance as well as D -Wash. In the words of Scott Ferrall, "Shake it up!"
  16. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Dude makes totally sick cuts on a dime. And he's getting every single yard on his own. I don't know if there's anything else he could do, aside from holding on to the damn ball.
  17. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

He just doesn't have that serious burst through the line.

18. I think #21 is talented, but not an every down back. His recent ball security issues are a significant concern if we make the playoffs. I would like to see a little of what Tion Green has to offer, and use Washington, and Zenner a bit more.
  19. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He hasn’t dropped a ball in almost 200 touches. I’m not super concerned at this point. Especially since the first one should without a doubt have been blown dead for forward progress. Everyone is gonna fumble eventually if you let D hold them up and have 3 guys yanking at the ball.

I don’t know if OL is issue is schematic. Think it is to a small extent, but think it’s more talent to execute it. Part of that is obviously missing Decker, but it also feels like there’s always a guy just getting beat. Swanson went from being an above average Center to a terrible one. Glasgow is all over the place and obviously LT is a hole. Even Lang and Wagner who have been solid overall, when they’ve missed, they’ve missed bad.

I’ll be interested to see how they perform with Decker back, there’s obviously been a lot of compensating for him being missing.
  20. TheDane Well-Known Member

First game of the season, LB Alex Barret blocks for Washington and we get 3rd and 1 inside the 10.

• 3rd and 1 at ARI 10

(5:50 - 2nd) A.Barrett reported in as eligible. D.Washington right end to ARZ 4 for 6 yards (H.Reddick).
  21. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

It doesn't seem to matter who gets the call. It's the same brick wall they keep batting up against.

Our QB can't even fall forward for less than a foot with the benefit of knowing the snap count.

It's that bad.
  22. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

23. Looks like Swanson was blown up on that play.
  24. Felix True Fan

Looks like Lang missed the block to me....
  25. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I don’t know who’s responsiblitly it was, but issue is no picked up that LB.