PLAYOFF CHANCES....

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by millenbacker, Nov 13, 2017.

1. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Currently 3 teams ahead of Lions for last playoff spot with only one game separating them. Below are their schedules and my estimated record at end of season. Included Minnesota as we can still win the North outright
    Two teams with same record as lions I didn't include, Dallas and GB, because Dallas is without Ezekiel Elliot 5 more games, and the Packers won't be able to stay in the race until Rodgers is ready to play. If things play out like below Lions win North and Vikings likely get a playoff spot.
    Lions still have good spot at playoffs but can only lose 2 rest of way IMO.

Seattle: Atlanta, at SF, Philly, at Jags, LARams, at Dallas, Arizona
    Est record rest of way: 3-4 final record 9-7

Carolina: Miami, at jets, at saints, Minny, GB, TB, at ATL
    Est record rest of schedule: 5-2 final record 11-5

Atlanta: at Seattle, TB, Minny, NO, at TB, At NO, Carolina
    Est record rest of way: 4-3 final record: 9-7

Detroit: at Bears, Minny, at Baltimore, at TB, Bears, at Cinnci, Peckers.
    Est record rest of way: 6-1 final record: 11-5

Minnesota: Rams, at Lions, at Atl, at Carolina, Cinnci, at GB, Bears
    est record rest of way: 3-4 final record 10-6
  2. TheDane Well-Known Member

Good breakdown, but I think Minny goes 4-3.
  3. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping Washington would steal a win there yesterday.
  4. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I have us losing to Baltimore. If minny does go 4-3 as long as we still go 6-1 and beat them on turkey day the North is ours. But I have minny losing their next 4 games.
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

The Vikes are the best team by far in the North, but fortunately we seem to have their number. The Bears are likely to give us a tough time because running vs us simply isn't that difficult. We are winning games because of turnovers and special team play, we can't let down.
  6. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I see us going 4-3. We will lose one of the Bears games and probably 2 of the road games. I also wouldn't count out Dallas or GB.
  7. Felix True Fan

I see 5-2, but 3-4 to 7-0 is possible with this highly inconsistent team....
  8. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Dallas has a really tough schedule. Philly twice, Skins, Seattle, and Oakland.

GB’s isn’t quite as hard, but still have Vikes, Pitt, Carolina to come before finishing out in Detroit.

I don’t know why, but Ive never feel fully convinced about the Vikings, when they’ve started off well.
  9. goldenlions International Playboy

Vikings are only losing two games max the rest of the way, we have to pray we finish with a better record than Carolina and Atlanta.

Lions are losing at least 2 more games, just too inconsistent.
  10. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Vikings will lose to Rams, Lions, Carolina, and Atlanta.
  11. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Queens have played only 4 teams with winning records so far including the lions.
    Lions have play d 6 teams with winning records so far including the queens.
    Situations are flipped.
    Lions will win the North. Queens will lose their next 4. The North is the Lions to lose.
  12. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I don’t want to go all MB, but I’m still cautious on Vikes. Keenum is a quality back-up, but he’s still a back up. I like Teddy if they go that route, but he hasn’t played in a full season and a half. Think their D while good, has some holes and the loss of Dalvin hurts them.

They have a tough next 4 weeks. 3 in a row on the road against teams in playoff hunt after Rams this week.
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Just curious, have you ever thought the Lions weren't gonna win their division as long as they were still mathematically in it?
  14. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Rams and philly are top 2 in NFC.
    Saints are right behind.
    Queens are over rated. They are done. Next 4 they lose.
  15. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I don't think the Vikings are as good as their record, but I still think they're as good or better than the Lions.
  16. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Don't under estimate Decker coming back and getting back into the swing of things.
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Decker being back is huge. But for all this talk of "improving the bottom of the roster," this is an alarmingly thin squad. With the Decker injury, we discovered that we had no backup tackles on the roster! None!

Except Robinson, who was also on IR. Speaking of which, we apparently have no backup guards on the squad either, since our lone backup tackle got the call when TJ when down.

[ Where is the face-palm emoticon? So much face-palm ]

Using linebackers as fullbacks doesn't fill me with great confidence either.

But at least we have actual tight ends on the roster, so that is at least encouraging, and a step forward from last year. We also seem to have some decent depth in the secondary, which is good. And our linebackers? They're so bad, that if anyone goes down, it couldn't be any worse, so we're fine there.

But if A'Shawn goes down, we're simply fucked on top of fucked. Our playoff chances ride almost exclusively on how healthy we can remain down the stretch. Moreso than with other teams, who have luxuries like backup guards. With that said, I just don't know of too many teams besides the Lions who have to rely on street free agents the moment a key player goes down. This is just nuts.
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I think at this point in the season a lot of teams do. Just last week the Packers had to sign a guy off the street after Bulaga went down. Just check Rotoworld on any given day. You are sure to see some team signing some no name scrub off the street, and in a lot of cases to come in for an emergency start.
  19. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Concerning how much the Lions have been giving up in the run game and also the lack of pass rush is concerning.

The offense is streaky and they start slow. Play calling has been slightly better but still something to keep you eyes on.

If your asking if the Lions are going to the play offs I would be skeptical just based on how inconsistent they can be.
  20. Felix True Fan

Meh...even if they make it, they arent ready for a deep run, so it doesnt really mean much to me either way...
  21. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I'm not so sure about this "Not ready for a deep run" thing.

The Atlanta and Pittsburgh games were really close. So anything's possible.

This isn't like that year where we knew we were going to get destroyed by the Saints. And then we went and got destroyed by the Saints. This is a team that has the talent to hang with anyone. Those are the kinds of teams you sometimes see where they just get hot at the right time and make unexpected noise in the playoffs.
  22. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Am I in the Bizarro LRZ?
  23. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Playoffs?! Not sure we can make em, but if we do, I hope it's not another 1 and done.
  24. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Seahawks now down Avril, Sherman, and Chancellor with a tough second half schedule.
  25. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Cowboys will be without Elliott and Dak isn't looking as hot as he did last season, so attrition and schedule wise it looks better, probably the biggest thing at this point though is we have a top 5 QB and he is relatively healthy.