Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Honolulublue4life, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Time to discuss the Senior Bowl

Cooter so far hasn't been seen at the Senior Bowl, shouldn't he be there? I think he might be done
  2. TheDane Well-Known Member

3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Assuming he is staying, then it seems odd to me that the QB coach was let go.
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

A little, but saw reports teams requested interviews with him last year and Lions denied them. Possible he has a job opportunity or he wanted to work with another coach he is more familiar with. Rumors of Caldwell going to Arizona.
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

I call this year the real JBC year. If it is the same old, same old, we know it was Cooter. If they improve then we know Caldwell was the real culprit. There have been reports that might have been the case.
  6. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Cappa and Hernandez, good lord those are some nasty OLineman.
  7. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

LOL, From what I saw nobody could move Hernandez. He was a man among boys.
  8. CapnCrunch who gives a crap?

A write up I found from someone in Mobile on Hernandez...

I was already a fan of U.T.E.P. OG Will Hernandez, who is the heaviest player in attendance at 340 pounds. I may now qualify as a big fan, bordering on a full prospect crush. Hernandez is just one of those players you can easily pick out on the field at all times due to his unique frame. The guy is big and thick. In addition to fantastic mass, strength and power, Hernandez is physical and aggressive. As I said after one rep today: “#76 is a baaaaad dude”, which I meant in the best way possible. Hernandez told me he admires Richie Incognito and he definitely has a similar nasty temperament on the field. A few weeks ago I was told Hernandez had a shot to go in the Top 15-20 overall. That is probably a bit overzealous, but teams that miss out on Quenton Nelson in the top half of Round 1 may not get a shot at Hernandez as their Plan B in Round 2.
  9. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Agreed.
  10. Felix True Fan

11. TheDane Well-Known Member

This is what I'm looking for, "a pretty good case can be made that the best player in Mobile this week was Georgia OG Isaiah Wynn. Wynn, who played LT for the Dawgs, but figures to play inside at the next level as he is only a tad over 6-2, showed outstanding strength and agility. Wynn has a quiet, efficient slide step, along with elite balance and body control. Over the three days of practice in Mobile, not only did Wynn not give up even so much as a pressure, it didn’t appear that he allowed any penetration at all."
  12. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Definite Pro Bowl level ability.
  13. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Cappa, Hernandez and Wynn looked like the best players there this week.
  14. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Agreed, absolutely luv Hernandez. He is a mobile battery ram and a brick wall you can't get through or around.
  15. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Are we sure these OGs are that good or are the DL prospects at the game just sub par this year?
  16. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

17. TheDane Well-Known Member

Well, I was particularly interested in seeing how Wynn fared because he played on Georgia, and they have not 1 but 2 RB's that are Top 10 in a loaded draft. While losing the national championship sucks, they were PLAYING for it and had a lot of guys who are likely to play at the next level.
  18. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Couldn't the two Georgia RBs being so highly thought of be a product of a dominating Georgia OL? I know watching Georgia this season they seemed to win big in the trenches in pretty much every game except against Alabama and even that was close when you consider the entire game.

A big question is did Caldwell meddle in the offense enough that a Cooter led unit without that influence will operate differently, and if so what style running game will be run so that they can determine what offensive linemen and RB to target.
  19. TheDane Well-Known Member

2016 Georgia

"2016 was an absolutely abysmal year for Georgia’s offensive line. Sure, you can look at Georgia’s rushing numbers from last year and argue that the line wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. They nearly had two 1,000-yard rushers (Nick Chubb 1130 yards, Sony Michel 840 yards). That’s more a testament to the skill level of Chubb and Michel though than it is to that offensive line."

2017 was improved but there's your answer.
  20. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Most of those drills are set up for DL to win, so when the OL is consistently winning that’s impressive.
  21. TheDane Well-Known Member

Penny has 3 carries for 45 yards, stock is climbing quickly.
  22. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Penny is a 1st rounder now
  23. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Hernandez is mauling guys. Not sure he fits profile they like for OL, but man he’s good.
  24. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Cappa roasted on speed rush.
  25. TheDane Well-Known Member

Penny is absolutely playing his way into the 2nd, probably before we pick.