Vikings

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Nov 20, 2017.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

Vegas has it as a pickem', I think that's probably right. Keenum has only been sacked 5x this year, I doubt that we add to that total. He'll have time and they have got some great receivers, I think if we win it gets down to turnovers and special teams. BTW, if you want to see how to revamp an OL I believe that all 5 starters are new.
  2. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

If Ziggy plays we win and do decent against the run. If he's out we lose. Our D isgarbage against the run without Ziggy. LOIs g Ngata was bad enough. Is he even eligible to come back this season?
  3. moridin Member

This game will most likely be one of those dirty, low scoring, tough divisional games. I just don't know if I trust the Lions to pull it out.

Vikings 20
    Lions 17
  4. Felix True Fan

Pick'em? Wow, what does Vegas know that I dont? Vikes should kill the Lions, so the fact its a pickem makes me think Lions may have a chance...
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

Vikings are now -3...
  6. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Wait, didn't we beat The Vikings already once this year? Vikings are on a high, common sense says they are due to come out flat. I like the Lions, they bounce back
    Schuxu likes this.
  7. littlekaps Member

I love the Lions - just doesn't mean they win.

If we have a DE that actually sets the edge (Zettel, looking at you sir!), we might be able to contain some things better inside this week. With the lack of pressure, Slay is going to have to chase after Stefon Diggs which leaves everything open for Thelen. Nawson can't cover. Hayden is more of a slot guy. Diggs is a slot guy. I would tell Slay - you are taking Diggs wherever he lines up and we bracket Thelen after that.

The injury we aren't talking about either is Maybin. While Davis has not looked good the last week or two, our 3rd linebacker has been non-existent. Maybin, while he didn't play heavy snaps, found himself around the ball a lot at the line of scrimmage. I would love to see him back this week and playing more.

Should be an interesting game and Cooter needs to put some creativity into the plan this week - screens, bubbles, etc. to get the ball on the edge outside or Matthew might get destroyed.

I still have the Vikings avenging the early season loss. Vikings 31, Detroit 20
  8. goldenlions International Playboy

Creating turnovers on defense (apparently only luck involved when it’s the Lions), will be key to winning this game. I agree something has to be done about the rush defense, it is like a college level defense right now.

I know most of you don’t watch Vikings game, but they are kind of like the Lions, very opportunistic and use that as a basis to score. They don’t overpower anyone, they don’t look fancy. The defense is tough and grinds teams down. I think they haven’t looked too good on the road thus far. If they let Diggs and Thielen wide open, they will get burned.

It will be a tense day in the goldenlions household this Thursday, as the wife is a Vikings fan. As this game will most likely determine the division winner. I know there’s a lot that could happen yet, but I have a feeling this is it for the Lions chance at the NFCN crown.
  9. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

We need to come out running our two minute offense and try to get a couple TDs lead to force the Vikings to pass and not let them establish the run. But Cooter has done the total opposite. Comes out shoving the run down their throats until we're 2 scores down and is forced to abandon it to catch up. Wake the hell up Cooter. Play your strength the entire game and quit forcing a game plan we arent suited to run.
  10. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Vikings are going to line up and run the ball and the Lions wont be able to do fuck all to stop it.

Keenum will have enough time to knit a quilt in the pocket.

Not looking good for the Lions.
  11. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Game is a almost a must win cause that is probably only way we make the playoffs is winning the division.

I still like our chances but still think we come up short

Vikings 21
    Lions 17
  12. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Ansah will be playing.

Lions 17
    Queens 14
  13. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

The Leo's always play respectable on Turkey Day! I see this as a win in typical unsuspecting get your hopes up Detroit lions!

Lions 30
    Vikes 24

Nearly blowing the Chi'Town game will put a charge in their asses, Lions rip Thursday ! Mark it down! Look for Golden Tate to have a good game, his shiftiness against bigger CB's will be big if they get it to him, also Galloday vs. Terence Newman is a favorable matchup
  14. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

In reality the bears are better than the browns. Between the two the lions laid an egg against the browns and still managed to win. The bears are much better offensively than the browns and we still found a way to win. In the past we would have lost one of the two. Lions should win Thursday against the Vikings. If they don't they will need to win out the rest of the way to claim a wildcard. Biggest game of the season.
  15. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Let's get a chat going?
  16. Vic Turner Just Sayin

How do you fumble the freaking handoff?
  17. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

How can you not be ready for read option after last week?
  18. Vic Turner Just Sayin

19. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Lions getting no respect even before the game from The FOX #A Announcing tandem. Seriously, can't stand Buck, let's go already!
  20. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Stafford accuracy anissue right now. That’s too bad missed, lucky got the holding.
  21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Ughh that was a TD.
  22. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

No pressure and when there is a hint, they allow Keenum to scramble.
  23. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

WHAT THE FUKK DIGGS??? WORST PENALTY EVER - LETS KNOCK THE TEETH OUT THESE PRUPLE FUGGING FAGGOTSS!!!! KNOCK KEENUM INTO NEXT WEEK, make his kids feel his pain...THE APOCALYPSE IS NOW - LETS GET THERMAL ON THEIR FUCKING ASSES, SMASH MOUTH FROM HERE ON OUT AND FUCK THEMMMMM!!!!
  24. Felix True Fan

Man, i know some of you guys blame stafford every week, mostly it just makes me laugh...but today? Man, kid is stuggling...
  25. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

He’s been bad today.