Vikings

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Vic Turner Just Sayin

That screen is a killer
  2. Felix True Fan

Why are they using timeouts so early?
    Huntermsu likes this.
  3. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Why take timeouts with almost 4:00 to play? who does that?
  4. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

You got to challenge that spot! i don't get Caldwell sometimes
  5. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Don t know and they declined the penalty when they could have kept the time out
  6. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I hate Caldwell but I wouldn't have challenged it either, seemed close to me and the Vikings could have gone for it on 4th down anyway...
  7. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Let's become Legend Stafford! LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Vic Turner Just Sayin

9. Vic Turner Just Sayin

10. Felix True Fan

I would have punted and played for one last stop when they werent in fg position
  11. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Some seriously dumb mistakes by many
  12. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

If the Lions want to get to the next level, they had better fire this current staff.
  13. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Think you had to got for it because they burned that time out and could not stop the clock.
  14. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Yep, Caldwell grows a set at the worst possible times!
  15. Schuxu Well-Known Member

Because our defense was so solid all game.
  16. Schuxu Well-Known Member

Clock stopped because of the called penalty and they kept the timeout.
    It was a big loss on 1st down, I was glad they declined that penalty.
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

The Fells no-catch in the endzone was the game changer.

Momentum shifted after that, and it was all done.

I get why it was overturned, but that just sucks.
  18. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Jim Harbaugh anyone?
  19. moridin Member

So this team can continue falling short? :)

I wouldn't scream and shout if they replaced some/all of this coaching staff. Lost my mind today when Aikman was talking about Austin not being concerned about the QB run option play. Really? This team has been killed by that the last few games and you "aren't concerned"?

It's not all on coaching. There are some real talent needs on this team (Dline I'm staring right at you), but they should be more competitive without having to be 13 - 20 points down first.
  20. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Can someone please explain the refs when it comes to the Lions??? Cladwell was TOLD it was confirmed a TD in regards to the Fells catch, so they took their time lining up. THE REFS SAID THEY CONFIRMED IT, then they had a rare second look!?? HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!
  21. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah reminded me of when they picked up the flag in the infamous Dallas playoff game. It wasn't a touchdown though so in the end the right call.

This game was a festival of missed opportunities and bone headed plays. Fall forward Tate! Bottom line is they lost to a better team, and a much better coached team. If this game told us anything it is that this is not a playoff team.
  22. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Or that they played a horrendous game against one of the top teams in the NFC and still had a chance to win.

I don’t know if they make playoffs or not, but they played like dogshit today and were still in the game, while it felt like Vikings were firing on all cylinders. Who knows? It’s a typical Lions season, just like every game it’s going to go down to the wire and be way harder than it has to be.
  23. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Ok...i thought they lost the time out by declining the penalty. If they too the penalty they would have kept the time out.
  24. goldenlions International Playboy

I was just pissed the entire game. Until the end when I expected them to come back and somehow blow it. Vikings are a good team. I don't see them faltering the rest of the season, some tough road games coming up, but I think they win one of them and secure the division title.

Lions on the other hand have a bunch of teams with losing records to go, they should go 5-0 or 4-1 to finish the season, if not, I would think that Quinn would be given the opportunity to get new coaches, but with Martha, I doubt that happens. Now for the longest 10 days of the season.
  25. goldenlions International Playboy

Speaking of screens, are the Lions the only team in the NFL who can't successfully pull one off?