We fucked them pretty bad aka post gamr threatvs. the Pack

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Schuxu, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Schuxu Well-Known Member

Boy that was fun. Total domination on the lines.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  2. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I take it the fans were cheering louder this time around.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  3. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

They dominated on both sides, which was a first time this year (even with 4 turnovers). Each week it was one or the other, never both. They still need to win 3 more for me personally to feel comfortable and that isnt going to be easy.
  4. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

having ziggy back makes all the difference. And I think houston has been hurting big time but finally couldn't go and it was actually a blessing. Slay did ok. the D cam to prove something today. freaking best complete game i've seen from lions since KC rout.
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

That was awesome, but I'm trying not to get too excited. Not sure if Detroit was that good or Green Bay was just that bad. Turnovers aside, the Lions completely dominated on both sides of the ball. It seemed like the D-line got pressure on every single play. I don't remember seeing a performance from a D-line as dominating as that before. They were so dominant I even called the safety before it happened. Bush was good but they should have given that gobbler award to the D-line.

Take those early turnovers and the bonehead kickoff away and what would the score have been? 55-0?

Also kudos to Schwartz for going right back to Bush after the fumble. Bush looked like a basket case on the sidelines after that fumble.

All in all a great Thanksgiving - the best one in 10 years! (Even though I was going mad in the first half...Akers...really?)
    K-Dawg likes this.
  6. Fisch Blind Loyalist

7. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

BB...I wasn't going nuts, but I was definitely pointing those things out to my family as the reasons why this team never does much. The fumble, the INT's, the TWO kicks out of bounds, the missed field goal (I'm tellin' ya, Akers is going to be the reason we miss out on something good)...I laughed at each and every one of those fukk ups. It was also the reason I couldn't get excited about even a 14 point lead. I didn't relax until late in the 4th quarter.

This game was fukkin' phenomenal. It's the very thing that drives me nuts about this organization, but it was fun and good to see. The biggest problem is, we can't bank on seeing that kind of play again.

If they lost putting that kind of effort into games, I doubt I'd ever have gotten as cynical as I have.

Sure would be nice if they dominated the rest of their schedule.
  8. goldenlions International Playboy

Probably because I was there. I was actually impressed considering how many Packer fans were at the game and the bungles in the first half that the crowd for the most part stayed in it. Although I felt like the people around me didn't make noise until someone started (which was usually me), but overall I thought it was good, not sure how it translated on television.
  9. goldenlions International Playboy

The way the Packers were playing on both sides of the ball, I never got worried for one second that they would lose the game. The Lions front seven on defense were playing like the Scumbags that they are and really wanted to kill the QB.

Part of me likes intrigue. I know there was a reason that Matt Flynn beat the Lions in 2011 (mainly he was on a 15-1 team), and then turned that into a huge contract that he obviously didn't deserve. Maybe he was subconsciously playing shitty to pay back the Lions for basically setting him up for life.
  10. TechLion Super Genius

Lions have a very good offensive line. Packers have a very bad offensive line. The perfect match up for the Lions! I think the Lions could play the Packers 10 times in a row at home and would probably win all 10 this year.
  11. TechLion Super Genius

12. eastcoast blue Active Member

Not going to lie... I found myself assuring a loss after the 1st 1/4. Things got much better after that point and they handed them a thorough ass beating.

For those of you who care about PFF, the entire O line graded positively in the run game (including Pettigrew and Fauria) the highest graded being Dom and Reiff.

Also something I noticed... This is the first game I can remember this year when the Lions actually got a couple coverage sacks. Slay played the whole game in place of Houston and had a very good game (except for that awesome catch late in the 4th by james jones.) Coincedence?
  13. moridin Member

Outside of the turnovers and kickoffs(really 2 out of bounds? Just kick it into the endzone, stop getting cute) this was a complete domination.

The total destruction of the Packers was outstanding to watch. Its a great feeling to see this team react this way after the two disgusting losses and rebound with one of the best performances I have seen from this team.

Great day! Huge shout out to that offensive line and defensive line. Thats the way to dominate a game.
  14. eastcoast blue Active Member

Interstingly enough, Matt Stafford is the highest rated passer in the NFL right now with their metrics. Obviously because he has one more game over most of the others but still interesting. He has a cumulative score of 23.7 over Peyton Mannings 21.9.
  15. Vic Turner Just Sayin

This is the formula for success I have been talking about for years. (Rusty too)

If your control the line on O and D and can be balanced on offense both run and pass..... your going to be hard to beat. Not many teams can beat the Lions when they are playing this well. The only thing that scares me is they are their own worst enemy and beat themselves and Stafford is still a mess!
  16. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Hey they kicked a team when they were down for once and technically this was worth two wins because of the tie breaker the Lions gained over the Packers, now lets see if this team can keep up the intensity and seal this division title.
  17. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I see a serious downgrade in the production of Discount Double Check commercials in the near future.
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I'm willing to admit you might have been right about Akers (although not that Kickalicious would have been a better option). I thought a healthy Akers would have been better than this. So either he's not really healthy still or last year's struggles were more than just the injury. Or he's just an old fukk™!

I'm actually wondering if they bring someone in this week, at least for a look-see.
  19. Sanders97 #1 semi-fan.

They won't...and I'm not sure they should. Who are they going to get, at this point???

And I still maintain that Rugland would have done just as well and, at least we'd be able to blame his chip shot misses on being inexperienced.
  20. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

A lot of factors go into a domination of another team. The Packers on their 3rd QB is the primary reason. Remember that we lost the last two games and should of beat the Bucs. Based on that I believe we're only going to win 2 of the next 4 games, to finish 9-7.

If we win the division it's not because we're the best but because we're the least injured.
  21. goldenlions International Playboy

Don't you think those things go hand in hand? Not sure you can dismiss it so easily. The healthiest teams usually perform well in the regular season and take advantage of the unhealthy teams in their division. When the other teams in the North were taking advantage of it against the Lions, not really sure they cared about it. Nor should we.
  22. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Yeah the healthiest teams typically go the furthest with the few exceptions at the very bottom of the barrel of the NFL. The Lions have been very lucky this year with injuries. Unfortunately it seems like every year there is a team that stays healthy during the regular season and then gets ravaged come playoff time and are unable to overcome it...hopefully that's not the Lions this year.
  23. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Scwartz told Akers after the miss, if the game is on the line, and they need a FG to win or tie, he's going out there.

Well, yeah. Who else are you gonna have kick a game tying or winning field goal? Suh? Shaun Hill?

They should light a fire under his ass and bring in someone just for a 'look.' They're probably going to draft the Sam Martin of kickers next year.

Every time I see Martin do something bad, I get so disappointed. That kid is so good kickin that ball around, so much so that when he screws up it is highly noticeable.
  24. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

I'm not discounting this win at all. I'm just reminding myself and others that we had several should win games that we let slip away this year due to sloppiness. Even if we win the division, I don't think we're going anywhere based on the teams history of play this year and amount of turnovers we can't seem to fix.

Now, if we hit some type of turning point and get focused (I thought was the Dallas game, my big mistake), I think we have enough talent to go deep into the playoffs or all the way.
  25. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

*This team is peaking or will keep peaking at the perfect time. When the money is on the line, when it's win or go home, I think they step it up. Should be interesting the rest of the way. Two 10-6 teams or a 9-7 team against an 11-5 team doesn't mean much, what does mean the most is how they are playing towards the end of the year....