Week 4 Lions at Vikings

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Singapore_Lion, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Both teams enter this game with significant injuries, the Vikings are without Sam Bradford (knee), going with Case Keenum again this week. Keenum had a brilliant game against the Bucs last week throwing for 369 YDS and 3 TDS. The Vikings offense is on fire to open the season, backed by rooking Dalvin Cook's 288 YDS rushing (good for second in the NFL). The Vikings D is ranked 20th, giving up 20 points per game and a healthy +2 in turnover differential.

The Lions are coming off a devastating loss against the Vikings, with what seemed to be the GW TD reversed with a controversial call of Tate being down by contact on the half yard line, and the ridiculous 10 second run off rule. With that said, Jim Caldwell excels keeping the troops focused through adversity. It will be more important that ever this week, to steal another road win against a good team to bury the memory of potential injustice at the hands of the men in stripes once again. The two keys this week for the Lions will be to finally establish a run game which will be tough sledding as the Vikings have given up the third least 188 YDS rushing. They do not need to rush for 150 YDS as a team, but will need to be effective enough to at least make the PA passing game worthy of respect. Second they will need to improve passing out of the backfield to Riddick, and AA. This will help take the pass rush pressure away, with our less than stellar running game.

On D the return of Davis will surely help, and they will need to continue pressuring Keenum as they have the previous three QB's with hopes of forcing ill advised throws that result in INT's. They will also need to solve rookie RB sensation Cook, with improved tackling from last week. Also look for Austin to dial up some creative blitz packages in the second half, after assessing the blocking scheme in the first half. IMHO Austin ma be one of the best D coordinators in second half adjustments in the NFL.

As a team the Lions are significantly more banged up than the Vikings, but thankfully this season Quinn has demonstrated the value of depth behind starters.

This is a difficult one to pick on the road, with Minny playing as well as they did last week and the Lions possibly having a hangover from "runoff gate", but I like the make up and resolve of this squad, and think that Stafford can take advantage of the short to medium passing game along as our "lazy" LT can protect his blind side. Prater extends his record of 50+ YD FG's hitting the walk off game winner Lions eek out a hard fought battle 24-23.
  2. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

Bad feeling Lions lose 23-20. Davis if plays is limited, same for Ziggy.
  3. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

It was the week after that frosty day at Soldier Field when The Calvin catch was eradicated and the Lions never recovered. It was a confidence bombshell that shattered the team early and they had nor the weapons or the wherewithal to overcome that Loss being added on by the refs. WILL THIS YEARS TEAM see the same trend or fate? Will they bounce back? Minny is no joke and they need to focus, but they can win! That said if they lose and play like shit, I will personally sign a petition and get as many signatures as I can to write a letter of vitriol to the ref's of the NFL. If the season changes after that shit call in ATL, how can anyone just ignore it? How can people just accept it!??? F THAT MOFOS...

That said I have no clue on a prediction, as I have no clue about Minny's team.
    Venturing a guess...

27 Lions
    24 Minny

I have a feeling for some reason that this will be ugly!
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

Play 8 in the box and make them beat us thru the air....Lions 20-Vikings 17
  5. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Was just about to post that I think the Lions win with Davis back...well Davis is inactive, ugh.
  6. Vic Turner Just Sayin

The Lions have been giving up some rushing yards.

This could be a tough game on the road.
  7. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

If we can contain Cook I like our chances

Lions 17
    Vikings 13
  8. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Lions 35
    Queens 14

Davis is out but Ziggy will have a huge day.
    Stafford starts to click big time today.
    Cooter actually quits trying to run Eighty percent of the time on first downs and it works great.
  9. Vic Turner Just Sayin

Fingers crossed. This could go either way.

Lions are not good in the road and facing a fantastic run game...have been gashed pretty good on the ground this season.

Btw...i hate that Viking blow horn ...so annoying
  10. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Loins get cooking with the ground game and Glasgow gets a bs call. REF's suck
  11. Vic Turner Just Sayin

I like how Spielman is fucking with Dean Blandeno.

Td Abdullah!
  12. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Abdullah is showing why the team had so much faith in him.
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

The Lions have passed over 60% of the time on first down going into this game.
  14. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

That wasn't the case the first two games.
  15. 26point2 Member

Good game, mistakes were made, oline isn't real strong. D came thru w/another few turnovers. Win is a win.
  16. Vic Turner Just Sayin

The Vikes self implodes

Stafford had a rough game. When he us under pressure he falls apart.

Defense!!!
  17. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

The defense might be for real considering how banged up they are and still performing at a high level. Killebrew is a beast.

Really need Decker back.

Stafford was a mess this game. Not sure how much of it was on him, but just seemed like he was not in sync with the WRs all game. Abdullah can't finish the game yet again...sigh.

Didn't like the play calling in the second half. Was just like the Giant game. You gotta go for the throat there. Cooter gets way too conservative with a lead.
  18. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

You don't run the ball three fucking times at your own 5 yard line and punt. we luck d out. Cooter has to be the easiest OC o figure out.
    That won't work next week
  19. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

Good game! I was just waiting for yhe Vikes to tie it up on the last drive. 94 yards for AA going into the 4th and he gets hurt, so another game without a 100 yarder (56 games now lol).
  20. jdb34 Pres. Wrist Cutter's Club

As do majority of QBs. Waits patiently for Decker...
  21. moridin Member

What other game couldn't he finish? I have thought Abdullah has been very good this year with a very poor Oline showing.

Tough game, but a win is a win. Minnesota has a very good defense who can put a lot of pressure on an offense. Stafford was pummeled by a purple wave all game.

Might be time to start thinking this D is for real. With all the injuries that seem to keep piling up they manage to continue to look good.

Starting the first quarter of the season 3-1 exceeds most peoples expectations, so lets look forward and hope the Oline can start to play better.
  22. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

He couldn't finish the Giant game either.
  23. 26point2 Member

I was just reading a Vikings forum...just for kicks, I normally read the opposition game day thread after a game (win or lose). Anyway, the minnesotavikingsnation board makes this place look down right cordial.
  24. moridin Member

Ahh. Didn't realize that, had to listen to that game on a cheap Am Radio due to work.

From what I heard, he could have come back into the game, but they didn't think they needed to risk it(today that is).
  25. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I don't buy that. They really needed him to ice the game on that last drive. Where did you hear that?