What Scouts look for in a RB

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, May 9, 2017.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

You see Geezer, I don't believe you're as dumb as you come across. Truth be told, you have a semi-rational process behind the conclusions you make. First you make your conclusion. Then you seek out evidence that supports your conclusion. And if reality doesn't support your conclusion, you bend and distort it until it does.

And when a person has to bend and distort reality ... he looks like an idiot to a lot of people. I'm not one of those people. I appreciate the skill and deftness you display at popping holes in the fabric of the time/space continuum in order to defend a non-defensible position. You are like a Picasso painting when it comes to this.
  2. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I see. Mathematically describing reality is what I did for 15 years as a living. Lets just say this, I worked on Engineering Projects that were worth million of dollars with a company called Golder Associates. I modeled Slope Stability for Golder. Slope stability was my Master's Degree Thesis from the Colorado School of Mines. CSM is one of the Top 10 Technical schools in the country. I graduated with highest honors while working full time and going to school full time. So I am not too stupid. As far as reality, I think I have a leg up on most people.

So this little ditty with sampling error is near the same mathematical idiosyncrasy Engineers exploit with sampling variation and confidence level. It may seem like hocus pocus to you, but is a simple tool to ensure proper sampling levels on any engineering project.
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Certainly.

I read your comments and first thing that comes to my mind is "scholar."

It's obvious to anyone who really takes the time to read them. You're just sort of misunderstood genius.
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Humble brag.
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

I quit replying to Rusty some time ago because there is simply no intelligent conversation to be had. This was WAY too funny to pass on though..
    And when a person has to bend and distort reality ... he looks like an idiot to a lot of people.

LOL, any guesses on who that person may be? Talk about calling the kettle black.
  6. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Oh how chivalrous.

He has his "just-as-dumb" boyfriend here to defend his honor. What a cute couple you make.

[IMG]
  7. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Still waiting on a brilliant mathematician to answer this...
  8. Felix True Fan

Typical Modeller response.

Lets see, I also have a Master of Science degree in Geology, I worked for ExxonMobil, the best oil company in the world, I also worked on multi-million dollar projects and I also built models, and guess what, youre full of shit.

Just like a typical modeller, you get so caught up in the minutia and statistics of it all you fail to grasp the simplicity of the general message. You sit there talking about sampling error and sampling interval, but you have to understand that over a large sample size, those variations are being averaged out anyway...about the only valid argument you have would be one of sample size being significant.

No, this is simply the case of results not agreeing with your opinion so you try to get all granular and act like your use of equations and statistics override the truth and straight-forward answer. Just. Like. Every. Modeller. Ive. Ever. Met. Try using common sense every once in a while oh Great Scholar

You have a Geologist, a Mathematician and a Modeller and you ask them whats 2 + 2

The Geologist says, ohhhhh, 2 + 2 is somewhere between 3 and 5

The Mathematician says, 2 + 2 is 4, no more, no less

The Modeller looks over both shoulders and says, 2 + 2...hmmm.....what do you want it to be?
  9. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I don't work in that industry but I have read Geezers posts and Felix's post makes so much sense to me.
  10. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Has everyone had a chance to present their vast qualifications on the topic of data and statistics?

We miss anyone?
  11. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I own a calculator...
  12. goldenlions International Playboy

I once tutored engineers in Calculus despite being a medical scientist.
  13. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Hhhhmmm, love you too Felix. Master of Science degree in Geology. And you call me full of shit. You know just enough to be dangerous. I personally love Geologists, they make good engineering serfs. We allowed them to do the manual labor of sampling and testing, but never, never let them near modeling software. Talk about crap in/crap out.

Whoooaaa, just like a typical scientist your communicative skills suck, but I do know that you boys understand each other's grunts. No wonder you are now making sandwiches. Following a conversation never been a strong suit for you. Go back to where I was ranting about Rusty's little chart. You will see that I explain in the following posts, the chart is full of shit, can't be accurate and is not reality. SO WHO DID NOT FOLLOW THE SIMPLICITY OF THE MESSAGE?

Pissy little fuck aren't you? There is a difference between Engineers and scientists. An Engineer lays his career on the line on every project by stamping (Professional Certifying and held accountable by the State) that their answers are correct. Their recommendations (answers) must be followed to maintain public safety. A Scientist on the other hand has common sense. Is that what the unintelligent tell themselves to make them feel better? So how the fuck would you know what reality and the truth is, unless I tell you. You want to be a prick, I can be a prick too. Fuck off!

LOL, This is a great, never heard this before.
  14. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I can believe that. My personal experience with medical students, all of them were very sharp!
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Agreed, there are several individuals on this board not worth replying to. You notice they love to band together and circle jerk one another with Rusty the normal pivot man. My problem is they present such low hanging fruit that I find it irresistible, have to fuck with them.

P.S. Amazing isn't it? A discussion for another NFL Caliber RB devolves to stupidity.
  16. goldenlions International Playboy

Is it the discussion or topic that causes the stupidity? I vote the latter.

But it is the off-season, I am surprised people have any serious discussion that doesn't devolve into sarcasm and name-calling and all around general stupidity.
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Let's not over-analyze this one, Golden. It's the stupid people that cause the stupidity.

Topics are neither dumb nor smart.

In the pre-Trump world, when crackpots got exposed for their crack-pottery, they ran and hid. Nowadays, it's like they're emboldened to stick around and just spew more flawed logic. They're like the cat who trots up to the porch with a dead animal in it's mouth. I can see that they're very proud of it, but there's no way they're bringing that thing in to my house.
  18. Felix True Fan

lol, yeah, dont let the scientist trained to understand the earth and its processes build a model of the earth and its processes....lol...brilliant...

Whos making sandwiches? Im a business owner...