Who do you take at pick 20?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by tepod2001, Jan 24, 2018.

1. tepod2001 Active Member

2. tepod2001 Active Member

I would go DT Da'Ron Payne or possibly RB Sony Michel

I would love for LB Roquan Smith to fall that far but don't see it happening
  3. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Hurst, Payne with alittle interest in Price.
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

Payne, I think he's the best DT in the draft.
  5. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Da'Ron Payne or RB Sony Michel
  6. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I have been doing some additional research on the 2018 RB. Sony Michel does have a wart. He fumbled at the rate of 1/50 carries during his college career.
  7. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Barkley is the best RB in this draft. Penny could be gold, Michel is nice, but not in the first round.
  8. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I don't know if the Payne Train makes it to 20.

I'd probably settle for Hurst or Price. But too soon to tell.
  9. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Since Patricia is going to be using multiple formations, and there's not a ton of versatility on the D right now, I'd say LB Rashaan Evans.
  10. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

I think after the senior bowl Penny will be going near the 2nd round.
  11. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I was thinking LB too. Evans is a good one.
  12. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

That is what I am afraid of. He is already rising. Anything over a 100 yards in the senior bowl with a good combine, he will be taken before we get to pick in the 1st. Mayock said today this is an outstanding RB class. More and more sites are now saying at least 6 RBs before pick 50.
  13. goldenlions International Playboy

Payne or Evans
  14. lionsmack Right down the middle

The best front-seven playmaker, hopefully a pass rusher or huge DL anchor.

Payne
    Vea
    Davenport
    Evans
    Hurst
    R. Smith

One of those or if someone else emerges as the senior bowls and combine continue
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

For pass rushing LBs, Tremaine Edmunds, (2nd round) Dorance Armstrong, (3rd or 4th round) and Ja'Von Rolland-Jones (5th round).
  16. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Not sure Edmunds makes it to second.
  17. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I think the Lion's will take Sony Michel with the 20th pick. He is great in pass protection (Allowed only 3 pressures for backs with more than 50 pass blocking attempts). Had the most missed tackles by any SEC back. The most yards per pass reception. Less than a 5 percent pass drop rate.
  18. Vic Turner Just Sayin

This is tough

Case could be made for several positions. I think that high you need to go RB or DE.
  19. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Penny and if he's gone trade down
  20. Roaring20 Member

21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

The 3-4 thing isn't gonna end is it? Pats haven't been a 3-4 team for years. They use multiple fronts, really like most of the league does now. Base defenses are almost non-existant.
  22. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

And Vita Vea might be gone by #10.
  23. Murtyle American Destroyer

I haven't seen anyone mention Taven Bryan, but he should absolutely be in the discussion. He can play DT in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4. He's a true disruptor which we desperately need
  24. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I agree. Like him. Team desperately needs rush from inside.
  25. TheDane Well-Known Member

Well, he's raw w/o a ton of ceiling IMO. Ansah never achieved his potential because of injuries, and that's why we're likely to bring him back, because we have seen flashes and we have no depth. Too high where we pick and likely gone when we pick in the second. I just think we have better options.