Why do people think Abdullah needed to be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, May 3, 2017.

1. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Saints are shopping Ingram
  2. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

They shouldn't. They should be using Peterson and Ingram in tandem.
  3. TheDane Well-Known Member

They drafted Alvin Kamara, they have their tandem.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  4. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I actually agree with Dane here. Although I would argue they should be using Ingram and Kamara as their tandem.
  5. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I definitely agree with that. Ingram averaged 5 yards/carry last year.
  6. TheDane Well-Known Member

There is a possibility that they keep all 3 but I doubt it, and that would leave Ingram as odd man out esp because of his contract. This really points to how you manage your cap space.
  7. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Listen you maroon mofos, we had a banger and I don't mean Rusty's Sister. We had a power back WITH SPEED and a DON'T GIVE FUCK WRECK EVERYTHING IN HIS PATH RB...his name was George Winn and when Bell was gone, he should have been the one to fill that role NOT Zenner. Zenner is a novelty back, he is serviceable, but far from the powerhouse Winn is. I don't care what yards after contact say. 2.89? Winn got 3 every time AFTER getting pummeled at the line and those were his weakest runs. Sadly he didn't get his chance. If this team HAD ANY CLUE about RB evaluations we would have kept Winn and put D Wash on practice squad. D Wash has all the talent in the world, but one kick off return TD during preseason does not make a career! I expect him to step up after Abdullah gets hurt sometime around game 3 again this year, but if they put Tion Green on the team AFTER letting a RB with 5 times more salt and fire in his veins in Winn than all they do is evaluate WR and have no clue OBVIOUSLY about RBS. This is evident because our running game is WEAK and a running game is IMPORTANT with a heavy passing team. Oldest adage in the book...the running game keeps the defense off balance. WELL...whoever evaluates the RBS on this team IS UNBALANCED!
  8. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Well, I definitely trust you when it comes to the topic of unbalanced.
  9. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Is Rusty banging his sister again Def? Did you catch em? Here all this time I thought Rusty was a girl. LOL
  10. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

From what I have read, Max Unger the Saints Center has injured his foot badly. Ian Rapaport believes that the Saints and Eagles are discussing a trade for Center Jason Kelce that may involve Ingram. I will believe it when I see it. The Eagles need a RB and are grasping at straws. They probably started the rumor to see if it gets traction.
  11. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Can Tomlinson play center? Lol.
  12. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Isn't Rusty a Chick with a Dick? What was the official ruling? What bathroom does he/she pee in? Is he a Bruce Jenner fan or Caitlyn fan, you can't be both!?
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Is this part of your 12-step program, Jimmy Boy?
  14. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I think Donnel Pumphrey could surprise some people.
  15. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

You mean Donnel "The Pretzel" Pumphrey. I see defensive lineman picking him and saying, This isn't Pee-Wee Football now get back to your Mommy now. LOL
  16. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I was saying in another thread that my biggest fear would be losing him at halftime due to whisking himself away to munchkin land to do the dance of the lollipop guild.

But I also think when a guy is underestimated that much, he's most likely on the brink of making us all look like fools.
  17. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Before tearing a ligament in his foot, Ameer Abdullah was one of the most elusive RBs in 2016.

[IMG]
  18. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Abdullah won't last 3 games without missing games from injury.
  19. TheDane Well-Known Member

What the author doesn't get is that AA doesn't need to be upgraded because he is an NFL back. He needs to have a back who can be his compliment, which is beyond all understanding of the dumb fucks on this board. Without one that can share the load, he is headed for his next injury.
  20. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I just think some people don't know how to read the original question.

21. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement.
  22. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

Good chart, shows relationship.
  23. TheDane Well-Known Member

I was told that you can't surmise anything from 2 games LOL...

So anyone who thinks you need one in the first 4 rounds needs a good talking to with this guy...

Round 3: Go RB

Rusty Hilger, Apr 10, 2017
  24. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I changed my mind after reading more data.

Namely this. I mean ... look at it and try not to throw up.

PFF 2016 Offensive Line Grades:

Riley Reiff pass: 68.7 Run: 57.4
    Laken Tomlinson pass: 75.2 Run: 40.6
    Graham Glasgow pass: 52.6 Run: 47.1
    Cornelius Lucas pass: 70.4 Run: 48.3
    Corey Robinson pass: 45.7 Run: 50.3
    Eric Ebron receiving: 72.3 Run Block: 29.6

Fucking disgraceful. If I were to continue beating the "upgrade RB" drum, it would mean I was a giant idiot. There's too many idiots in the world as it is, and you guys don't need to add me to your club. I'm pleading temporary insanity on the "draft a RB in round 3" thing.
  25. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

They're both the same type back. Underwhelming at this point in their careers and one injury from retirement.