Why do people think Abdullah needed to be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, May 3, 2017.

1. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

Only because he kept getting lost looking for the locker room.
  2. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

I don't disagree, but Reiff has been shuttled out. Tomlinson, Lucas, and Robinson are on the bench. Glasgow is going into his second year. They added depth at TE with at least one better blocker. I'd like to say Quin had an idea about this when he went into FA, which is why Wagner and Lang were brought in. I'd say for depth, Lucas, Robinson, and Tomlinson are probably fine, but like any other NFL team, if the starter goes down for an extended period of time, how much can you expect out of your back ups?
  3. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

The point is that when you look at those numbers, you can see where the issues with the running game have been. People who understand the game of football should see that at least. That doesn't include most sportswriters or the typical fan who just watches the QB and the ball carrier on every play.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  4. TheDane Active Member

I fucking hate Caldwell and Quinn. They know the problem and yet passed 2 years in a row...

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he still envisions the team using a committee approach at running back, which means a healthy dose of at least Abdullah and Theo Riddick, plus a power component from several candidates. Caldwell said Abdullah has the ability to be a workhorse, every-down back, but he doesn’t expect to use him in that role.
  5. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I expect a huge fucking year from Abdullah. And at least a decent year from the combo of Riddick and Zenner.

Also see our overall run-blocking trending upward. Losing Decker hurts but a healthy Abdullah and Swanson more than makes up for it, in my opinion. We saw what happened last year when those two players, specifically went down. Better tight-end blocking to boot.

Still liking our chances here.
  6. goldenlions International Playboy

7. millenbacker !! JUST BREW IT !!

I predict Abdullow gets hurt by third game and misses good part of season. I also predict Zenner breaks out and rushes for over 800 yards. Then abdullow gets traded or cut after this season.